Archie and George are back!

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
flcracker

Archie and George are back!

Post by flcracker »

Back when a racist was just a bigot, and coon and wetback were words that you used to show that you were not the klukker that your father was.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... leaBpfPQ4U
Those were the days, indeed.

TV sitcoms don't get much more iconic than legendary writer-producer Norman Lear's thought-provoking All in the Family (1971–79) and its groundbreaking spinoff The Jeffersons (1975–85). And now they're back — albeit for one night only.

One episode of each (still to be announced as of press time) will be re-created by current stars in the 90-minute special Live in Front of a Studio Audience: Norman Lear's All in the Family and The Jeffersons on May 22 (8/7c, ABC), produced by Lear and late-night host Jimmy Kimmel.

"It was Jimmy's idea," Lear tells TV Guide Magazine. Once Lear — the man known for "changing the face of American television," per fellow executive producer Brent Miller — heard the pitch, he didn't think twice about giving his blessing. And signing on: He and Kimmel will host the night, with James Burrows (Will & Grace) directing.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
MARK

Post by MARK »

I thought this was about the newest generation of British royalty. Shows how the media influences us, even if its subliminally.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

MARK wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:55 am I thought this was about the newest generation of British royalty. Shows how the media influences us, even if its subliminally.
Just sorting out the younger generation from us crusty old SOBs... :lol:
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Carroll O'Connor and Jean Stapleton passed away. All that is left is Sally Struthers, and Libiturd Rob Reiner. Sally was hot back in the day. Now they will have to use a panoramic camera to film her. Any remake is just going to be uber Libiturdness...

Funny, my dad worked with Sherman Hemsley in the 30th Street Post Office in Fifthydelphia. Said he was not acting - that the way he was - a big loud mouth!
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

https://tvline.com/2019/04/18/all-in-th ... c-special/
Airing Wednesday, May 22 at 8/7c, the 90-minute live event stars Woody Harrelson and Marisa Tomei as All in the Family‘s Archie and Edith Bunker (originally played by Carroll O’Connor and Jean Stapleton), along with Ellie Kemper as Gloria Stivic (originally played by Sally Struthers).

The Jeffersons‘ portion of the special features Jamie Foxx and Wanda Sykes as George and Louise Jefferson (originally played by Sherman Hemsley and Isabel Sanford), plus Will Ferrell as Tom Willis (originally played by Franklin Cover) and Justina Machado as Florence Johnston (originally played by Marla Gibbs).
Groesbeck

Post by Groesbeck »

Anything with Wanda Sykes is a hard pass for me. I wouldn't piss on her were she on fire.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Groesbeck wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:51 pm Anything with Wanda Sykes is a hard pass for me. I wouldn't piss on her were she on fire.
100% agree!
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

P5 Guy wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:07 pm
Groesbeck wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:51 pm Anything with Wanda Sykes is a hard pass for me. I wouldn't piss on her were she on fire.
100% agree!

i feel the same way about Foxx (Eric Marlon Bishop) too !
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
Iosef

Post by Iosef »

Actually, I've already seen a movie version of All In The Family. The title was Ball In The Family or maybe Ballin' the Family :-)
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Iosef wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:11 pm Actually, I've already seen a movie version of All In The Family. The title was Ball In The Family or maybe Ballin' the Family :-)
On Nutflix? :D