I Need A Van! ***Found One!***

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TC6969

I Need A Van! ***Found One!***

Post by TC6969 »

My original retirement plan was to drive around the state and enjoy my golden years, but trying to maneuver the space shuttle endeavor around town got old REAL quick and I ended up parked in a cow pasture and never going anywhere.

Alternate plan B is to get a van and sell my truck so I can drive around, see some of the state, camp on the cheap or borrow driveways and stealth camp in parking lots etc.

Everything I find is either a beat to death "work truck" with 300,000+ miles on it or sells within hours before I can make a 30+ mile trip across Hillsborough county to make a deal.

I've already lost several perfect deals because of one thing or another so I know they're out there.

This is what I'm looking for.

CLEAN 2000-06 1/2 or 3/4 ton full size Big Three. Express/Savanna E-series Ford or Ram.

Mileage under 150,000 or in line with year model. (12- 14000 per year)

Gasoline only. (I dont know anything about diesels and I'm too old to learn.)

Price $4500-$5000.

Retired cable or delivery is fine as long as its CLEAN.

Racks and shelving OK as long as price isn't jacked up because of them.

Color doesn't matter but 90% of them seem to be white.

Can you central Florida guys keep your eyes open for one?

Found One! (Thanks BMUP! (Govdeals))

Got this bad boy for $2300 and change!

There were about a dozen more pics and it looks like this bad boy doesn't need anything but a GOOD bath.
Last edited by TC6969 on Fri May 17, 2019 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
screenerglenn

Post by screenerglenn »

I've purchased several Chevy express fans from a dealer who buys AT&T trucks as they're retired. I would try to find a dealer that gets them from them. Mileage is not bad and they seem to have been well maintained
better2have&notneed

Post by better2have&notneed »

I work with two guys living in vans...one has a 3/4 ton diesel and the other has a retired fiberglass body short church bus. Dude with the church bus says his bills are under $450 a month, not too bad. And his work schedule is three 12 hour days so he just goes where ever he wants for 4 days...
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

better2have&notneed wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:36 pm I work with two guys living in vans...one has a 3/4 ton diesel and the other has a retired fiberglass body short church bus. Dude with the church bus says his bills are under $450 a month, not too bad. And his work schedule is three 12 hour days so he just goes where ever he wants for 4 days...
You can often find retired shuttle buses for u der 5k. Small enough to drive without wanting to kill people and big enough you can stretch out.
Taco

Post by Taco »

Molivo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:09 pm
better2have&notneed wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:36 pm I work with two guys living in vans...one has a 3/4 ton diesel and the other has a retired fiberglass body short church bus. Dude with the church bus says his bills are under $450 a month, not too bad. And his work schedule is three 12 hour days so he just goes where ever he wants for 4 days...
You can often find retired shuttle buses for u der 5k. Small enough to drive without wanting to kill people and big enough you can stretch out.
A lot of shuttle buses run a lot but drive a little- worse than cabs and cruisers. Mileage may not reflect hours of engine rotation. 12 hours running the AC for 24 2 mile trips...
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Taco wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:55 am
Molivo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:09 pm
A lot of shuttle buses run a lot but drive a little- worse than cabs and cruisers. Mileage may not reflect hours of engine rotation. 12 hours running the AC for 24 2 mile trips...
Unless you get one out of a bankruptcy or something similar, they've always looked beat to crap to me when they're retired.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

Yeah, City of Orlando has a couple going up for auction in a few days that are completely shot.

I missed another good one yesterday.

98 E-150 with 102,000 and clean enough to eat off of.

Lasted about 5 hours. :cry:
cvo

Post by cvo »

Used vehicle market sucks, prices are ridiculous.

Good luck, any used Mexican lots in Wimauma? :D
cvo

Post by cvo »

TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

cvo wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:09 pm
Good luck, any used Mexican lots in Wimauma? :D
You want to see something funny?

Go on Facebook Marketplace, search for "van" and check out the names of every person selling a van within 25 miles of Wimauma/Ruskin/Riverview. :lol: