Need relocation advice

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
REDinFL

Need relocation advice

Post by REDinFL »

Well, it looks like some "life changes" are coming closer, and I need some intel. about some areas. I didn't want to hijack the other thread on Tampa advice.

Firstly, as a practical matter, anyone know of any short term rentals in, say, the Bradenton to Apollo Beach areas? Perhaps some friends have something to rent out? Could be 3-6 months, could be more, depending on the circumstances. 1br/1ba will do it; for longer term, perhaps just a little more room in a living or dinette area so I can have a slight office, even if it's a bookcase and use a laptop on a dining table. I'll need a few months within reasonable range of Pinellas, depending on what my lawyer tells me about my presence being needed. However, if by chance I like it and the area - no troublesome jackasses; I can tolerate most other things - I might just wind up staying there long term if the rent is right. Non smoker. It's not yet immediate, but it can be in about a month or so.

That location would be helpful as a staging area for exploring other options. I would appreciate any insider advice on: Stuart, Sebastian, possibly the area around Daytona. What should I avoid? Any "undiscovered gems?" Those are my short-list. Sure, my always-desired area was the Keys, but they have become too touristy in most areas, and too expensive for me. I've had to cross other states off my list as commies got elected last year, and jerk laws enacted (think New Mexico, Arizona). I've lived in Florida 22 years, so I'm acclimatized in most ways.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by REDinFL on Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
photohause

Post by photohause »

PM Sent.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

If you want info on treasure coast area call me. Been here 30+ years. Well versed in fort Pierce, PSL, Stuart, etc
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Thanks, Matt. I'll not bother your for details now, but when it comes time to cut down my short-list. Yes, I will indeed appreciate the real, local knowledge. I don't want to have to move because I didn't do research.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.