Hey Rent

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Firemedic2000

Hey Rent

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Remember the HUMMER H3 I had. It's gone :cry:

I had that new RV I bought and my wife booked us in over at Ft Desoto park. Well going over the Skyway bridge the HUMMER really struggled to pull it over the bridge. Honestly it struggled really hard there at the end.

On flat ground it plus the RV with no problem. But any incline and it will start to bogg down. I was afraid I'd eventually burn the engine or transmission up. There's my baby in the back ground :cry:

The HUMMER is a fantastic off road vehicle. But it was really not designed to haul with. I bought it brand new in 2009, it was paid for and only had 61k on it. It ran like new.

I decided that I'd not buy another new vehicle again. So I bought a used 2017 FORD F 150 XLT 4X4 SuperCrew Cab with the 5.0 liter coyote engine in it. Got a really great deal. 29,900.00 it had 16k miles loaded leather interior. Not a scratch on it. Looked like it rolled off the floor. Carfax came back clean and still under warranty. Has full size bed also. Got 11k trade in for my HUMMER which was Kelley blue book value.

Hate payments but they are 390.00 a month. I did trade in plus cash to get payments low. I plan on paying it off anyways. I hate vehicle payments.

I wanted a used vehicle because of better price and being broke in to haul with. Plus if anything was going to be a wrong with it. I was able to see service repair history at Ford using vin to see if there was a problem with it. I like the 30 gal fuel tank to when pulling RV. Plus the tow, regular, off road and sports setting when driving. I've not programmed the backup option yet.

That said...i do miss my HUMMER though. I'd had that truck right at 10 years and I really like that thing.

But my choice was either sell the RV and get rid of wife :lol: OR Sell the HUMMER and get something that would pull the RV and keep wife. I taught wife how to shoot the ARs, SCARs and handguns.
By the way she did not think my joke was funny when I was cutting up with her and said that to her. I got that look from her. :evil:

She loves the truck, me it'll take some getting use to because of the longer wheel base. Plus it's just not my HUMMER. It's a Ford like every other Ford on the road. I did enjoy sitting on the tailgate though with her eating ice cream the other day. I'd not done that since I was a teenager :lol:
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

The H2 was the Hummer to tow with. The H3 is a S10 in sheeps clothing. The H2 is in the same class as the F150. The H3 would be OK to tow a jet ski. Not a big trailer like your’s. GARY
better2have&notneed

Post by better2have&notneed »

Lol, I’m going over the skyway reading this. :D

Skoll

Post by Skoll »

N4KVE wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:48 pm The H2 was the Hummer to tow with. The H3 is a S10 in sheeps clothing. The H2 is in the same class as the F150. The H3 would be OK to tow a jet ski. Not a big trailer like your’s. GARY
Pretty much this. the H3s were/are dog shit. I always thought if someone wanted a Hummer, just get a milsurp.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Skoll wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:31 pm
N4KVE wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:48 pm The H2 was the Hummer to tow with. The H3 is a S10 in sheeps clothing. The H2 is in the same class as the F150. The H3 would be OK to tow a jet ski. Not a big trailer like your’s. GARY
Pretty much this. the H3s were/are dog shit. I always thought if someone wanted a Hummer, just get a milsurp.
Yeah what ever. You know there is a difference between a HUMMER and HUMVEE right. You ever own a HUMMER. Mine was great off road it was FANTASTIC. It road way better than a JEEP on the road and yes I own jeeps also.

I should have gotten the H3T ALPHA with the V8 engine :P when I payoff the truck I'll probably buy another. I want the H3T ALPHA man I really like the HUMMER H3 trucks model and with the V 8 engine in it it would rock.

N4KVE yes your right the H2 would have been a better choice. But I'd read they were built with different types of engines and I did not have the knowledge to know which One to get. One was good one not so good. Yes it was a modified Colorado frame. Way modified.

By the time they were finished just like the H2 the H3 frame was not the same frame. But I've been in this argument before with HUMMER haters. Not that you are but just by what another has posted you can tell they are for whatever reasons. Who knows.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

I don’t hate Hummers at all. I’m just pointing out the H2 is equivalent to your F150, & the H3 was a smaller truck. And if I was given a real Humvee, I would sell it. While it may be great for military use, there was very limited seating room for how huge it was. Interesting real axle assy though. GARY
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

N.A.R.T. (Not A Real Truck):

[Youtube]oGFNd5WbCuA[/Youtube]
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:48 pm
Skoll wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:31 pm
Yeah what ever. You know there is a difference between a HUMMER and HUMVEE right. You ever own a HUMMER. Mine was great off road it was FANTASTIC. It road way better than a JEEP on the road and yes I own jeeps also.

I should have gotten the H3T ALPHA with the V8 engine :P when I payoff the truck I'll probably buy another. I want the H3T ALPHA man I really like the HUMMER H3 trucks model and with the V 8 engine in it it would rock.

N4KVE yes your right the H2 would have been a better choice. But I'd read they were built with different types of engines and I did not have the knowledge to know which One to get. One was good one not so good. Yes it was a modified Colorado frame. Way modified.

By the time they were finished just like the H2 the H3 frame was not the same frame. But I've been in this argument before with HUMMER haters. Not that you are but just by what another has posted you can tell they are for whatever reasons. Who knows.
I hate them but not for the reasons you may think of.

They just sucked to work on and I've seen several H3s come in with transmission issues due to trying to tow shit they shouldn't. Yes, there's a difference between Hummers and Humvees but I'd rather have the Humvee over the hummer, that's just my personal opinion. Am I saying you're wrong for owning something you enjoy? No. Just reiterating that it can't do one specific application.

That being said, I'm going to continue to squint at my Blazer and hope it doesn't fall apart.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

Those H2 and H3 are a bad joke at trying to resemble a real Hummer.
I owned an H2 for merely 3 months and couldn’t take it anymore, it was a dog.
Worthless pieces of shit, both of them.
Now you have real nice truck, if Ford had Cummins engines on it I would be driving one for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

you kinda have a real truck Capt