re: want to move to Tampa area, not Tampa

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

CaptBarty wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:10 am
p7fl wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:30 pm What is living in St Pete like?
I looked up my sons's Tampa zip code on Zillow and there are just 2 places listed for sale.
When I looked up St Petersburg something like 50 listings came up.
Anyone live there?
It’s a city, like any other, there are good parts and bad parts. If you don’t like crowds and traffic, it won’t work. Most of Pinellas is crowded, except for a few enclaves, mostly within a mile or so of the Gulf. Of course, then you have to fight the traffic to go anywhere out of those areas. Depends what you want to spend.
I think St. Pete has less bad parts percentage wise than Tampa, and lots less than Pasco.
cvo

Post by cvo »

NorincoKid wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:44 pm
rentprop1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:53 amlittle New York :roll: , I swear there is a freakin tunnel from Long Island that comes out in Spring HIll
Kinda wish there was, if only so we could get some good pizza down here :D

Actually, Western NY pizza is waaaay better than NYC pizza...but either way....still havent found a place I really like yet.

One of the only things I miss about living in Clearwater/Largo was the little Chicago restaurant on Ulmerton. Their Italian Beef sandwiches were great. I worked there for awhile when we first came down, I ate well.

As a former New Yorker myself though, I don't care much for NYC folk. Lots of Floridians lump all NY'ers together.... the rest of the state is a completely different place. Most of WNY is farm land and rural areas. "Area" wise, most of NY is a Red state.
10 4 on the Chicago grill in Largo, but the owner Bruce is a screaming Liberal.
cvo

Post by cvo »

p7fl wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:30 pm What is living in St Pete like?
I looked up my sons's Tampa zip code on Zillow and there are just 2 places listed for sale.
When I looked up St Petersburg something like 50 listings came up.
Anyone live there?
There are 3,347 people per square mile in Pinellas County. The next closest county with a highly concentrated population is Broward with 1,445 people per square mile.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

cvo wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:03 pm10 4 on the Chicago grill in Largo, but the owner Bruce is a screaming Liberal.
It wasnt a bad job, but yeah for sure....spent plenty of hours arguing with him about politics. Was actually kind of fun, miss that place a little.