Kentucky Gov Signs bill for concealed gun carry...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
photohause

Post by photohause »

Well I was inferring how the top state officials did not really think this through.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

photohause wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:16 pm carry a concealed gun without getting a permit or completing a background check and safety training first.

This doesn't bother any of you?
Doesn't bother me, either.
Bubba, Paco and DeVontee never got a background check, they do OJT and never paid for a license. In fact the US Supreme court say they'd incriminate themselves so no CCW to protect their 5th Amendment right.

:oops:
photohause

Post by photohause »

I wasn't clear in my thought.....How the powers to be were stupid to not think of what you are all saying
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

photohause wrote: carry a concealed gun without getting a permit or completing a background check and safety training first.

This doesn't bother any of you?
Doesn’t mention it anywhere in the Second Amendment. I’m good there.
jaytwillerham

Post by jaytwillerham »

It's easy to see how folks can get used to government intrusion and override of the Constitution.
Like the frog in the slow boiling water.
Having grown up in an earlier and very different version of the US, it's somewhat disturbing.
Having to ask permission to exercise a Constitutional right was once unimaginable and unheard of.
Sometimes we are our own worst enemy.
Last edited by jaytwillerham on Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gforester

Post by gforester »

jaytwillerham wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:48 am It's easy to see how folks can get used to government intrusion and override of the Constitution.
Having grown up in an earlier and very different version of the US, it's somewhat disturbing.
Having to ask permission to exercise a Constitutional right was once unimaginable and unheard of.
Agreed! When I was a young teen my dad could order guns from a Sears catalog and they would be delivered to your door by mail. No questions asked, no paperwork and no hassle. I have seen our constitutional rights slowly eroded away over the decades. Heck, when I was in high school it was quite common to see guys park their trucks in the school lot with a shotgun or rifle stowed in a rack in the back window and the practice was never even questioned.

This is no longer the same country I grew up in. :cry:
jaytwillerham

Post by jaytwillerham »

Wasn't it Ben Franklin who said something like "anyone willing to give up their rights in exchange for safety deserves neither?"
Prior to 1968 no one in government would dare treat the citizenry as criminals.
It took two well publicized assassinations (Martin Luther King and Robert Kennedy) to allowed politicians the start the beginnings of what we have today.
Just a thought.
photohause

Post by photohause »

Sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Abraham Lincoln
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

jaytwillerham wrote:Wasn't it Ben Franklin who said something like "anyone willing to give up their rights in exchange for safety deserves neither?"
Prior to 1968 no one in government would dare treat the citizenry as criminals.
It took two well publicized assassinations (Martin Luther King and Robert Kennedy) to allowed politicians the start the beginnings of what we have today.
Just a thought.
Don’t forget the ex-Marine (Whitman) who shot and killed students from atop the UT clock tower on August 1, 1966.
Last edited by dammitgriff on Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

I think of Whitman every time there is one of these mass shootings, and the antigunners are going after semi-autos and magazines. And the Fudds are going along with it, thinking their bolt action rifles are safe. Hell, a few years back some nut killed 12 people on a military base with a pump shotgun.