Who else hates the daylight saving time change

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Skoll wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:03 pm Don't mind him, he's just mad that he can't hawk an SKS for $600 right now.
Not that it would ever happen, but can you imagine how full auto owners would feel if the ATF opened up the books again? GARY
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

Hey, minty SKSs are going for big bucks lately.
Especially the Chinese. Yugos too.
Plus....not to burst anyone’s AK bubble but the SKS is a quality built rifle...will outlast a crap stamped AK

Back to topic:
This thread will be resurrected twice a year
aka: Dolfan
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

This map shows where our time zones are located compared to how they "should" be drawn. Looks like the Mississippi River should be the line between the Eastern and Central Time Zones, and New England should be in the Atlantic TZ. No wonder it gets dark so early at my friend's farm in Maine.

....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

P5 Guy wrote:I worked overnight shifts for years. My boss ALWAYS beat us out of an hour's pay doing the time change.
That’s illegal. Lawyer up.
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

The stupidity of moving time back & forth twice a year is just that.
Earlier this week I yelled at one of my "young" project managers (one of my bosses) for requesting something totally not necessary from me. (Long story)
"THAT'S FUCKING STUPIDITY" I yelled loud enough that it brought other employees into his office to make sure I wasn't becoming physically violent.
My project manager & I are on better terms since that little altercation.

I wish yelling "THAT'S FUCKING STUPIDITY" to the powers that be about time change would garner the same results.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

Our land in Tennessee where we are building the house is about two miles from the county line. Guess what else falls on the county line? That's right, the time zone change. I love having to keep track of not only my appointments but where the appointment is so i know if I have to leave an hour earlier. LOL

But it is awesome area and i will live with it. Very few people, no income tax, very very few former libs from NE. And my cost of living is much lower than it was in Orlando. Of course it snowed here yesterday morning so I am missing the Florida weather about now.

Good and bad with everything. Like all things it is what you make of it for the most part.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

n0rlf wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:58 pm Our land in Tennessee where we are building the house is about two miles from the county line. Guess what else falls on the county line? That's right, the time zone change. I love having to keep track of not only my appointments but where the appointment is so i know if I have to leave an hour earlier. LOL

But it is awesome area and i will live with it. Very few people, no income tax, very very few former libs from NE. And my cost of living is much lower than it was in Orlando. Of course it snowed here yesterday morning so I am missing the Florida weather about now. Should be home in Orlando in two weeks though so then i can smile and send pics back to the folks here about living it up on the beach!

Good and bad with everything. Like all things it is what you make of it for the most part.
photohause

Post by photohause »

“You didn’t finish school, did you?
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
jintsfan

Post by jintsfan »

This video is great! When it said that Germans initiated DST, I initially thought it was to get an extra hour of drinking during Octoberfest.