Fired for CCW at Workplace

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

I see those being sold at gun shows and I always give my .02$, these are BS! No one should have one or want one!
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

There was a guy at one of Rents Ares shoots (#2 I think) strutting around like a big deal with one on his holster.

I figured his balls must have been as big as his gut to wear that thing around real gun guys but no one said anything to him.

He must have been someones Father.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
10MMgary

Post by 10MMgary »

I don't need a permit I bought the official concealed carry badge directly from an online vendor and it even came with a break away neck chain and see thru case, so I am good to go in the lower 48
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

10MMgary wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:54 pm I don't need a permit I bought the official concealed carry badge directly from an online vendor and it even came with a break away neck chain and see thru case, so I am good to go in the lower 48
I've been trying to get my hog hunting partner to put in for his permit and he told me last week that he doesn't need one because he has a business license. :lol:
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Back when ccw first came out. They actually sold badges with the GREAT SEAL OF FLORIDA on them. The same seal that's on all state agency badges. It also had you CCW lic number engraved on the front of it.

Looked a lot like a LEO badge and you had to look real close to see that they were ccw badges. Because the SEAL of Florida stood out and it looked like an official badge.

Let me find mine with the seal and I'll show you. I still have it in a box someplace. Just joking... :lol: you had to buy them through the mail.

My idiot brother in law bought one. He was a nut case and dead now.

Don't hold me to this. But I believe there was some kind of law passed that only state and local government issued badges could have the SEAL OF FLORIDA on it.

This was before the internet. Thry weren't cheap either. Official Conceal Carry Badge by the state of Florida was the add I believe. 100.00 screw that....

Damn I'm getting old... I remember when there was no internet and you actually had to TALK to people FACE TO FACE or on the phone. Better yet you actually left your house to go out instead of sitting our azz in front of a computer for 12 hours aday getting fat.

The good old days :cry:

Oh found a picture online. It looks alot like the Dade county Sheriff's dept badge online. Good way to get arrested for impersonating a LEO. All someone has to say you confront is he ID himself as a LEO when he flashed that badge.

RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

TC6969 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:09 pm
I've been trying to get my hog hunting partner to put in for his permit and he told me last week that he doesn't need one because he has a business license. :lol:
Would love to see the look on the cop's face who eventually asks him for his CCW and he whips out a BTR... :lol:

What type of business is he in? Hopefully not repairing airplanes or performing surgery.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

That's a pretty lame version of the Great Seal of the State of Florida, IMHO.

And, WTH are those "rivers" supposed to represent? LOL

....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:21 am
TC6969 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:09 pm
Would love to see the look on the cop's face who eventually asks him for his CCW and he whips out a BTR... :lol:

What type of business is he in? Hopefully not repairing airplanes or performing surgery.
He's just a kid, he just turned 26 and is still in that "I know everything" stage.

I think he is confused with the law that says a business owner can carry on the business property and thinks that since he is a landscaper who works out of his truck that the whole planet is his "business property".

I didn't feel like arguing with him on Facebook but I'll tune him up the next time we go to the hog woods. :D
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

flcracker wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:04 am That's a pretty lame version of the Great Seal of the State of Florida, IMHO.

And, WTH are those "rivers" supposed to represent? LOL
Not rivers - varicose veins, and the State of Florida is wearing a support stocking.