Cheaper cell carriers

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

NorincoKid wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:54 am
I had tracfone for almost 10 years, technically it's still active until like 2021 with all the rollovers.
How did you swing that?

How did you get that many service days stacked up? :?:
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Figure maybe twice, three times a year you run out of minutes and re-up, it adds a few months. After a decade it's adds up.
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:10 pm Just signed up for T-Mobile's "over 55" plan. Paying $75 for unlimited, 2 phones. Getting old has its' benefits.

wow i guess the price has gone up, my plan is $70 a month
and i get a $10 credit for using autopay making it $60 out
the door. i've had it for almost two yrs.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

I use MetroPCS. Works way better then my Sprint from work. Paying 100$ a month for 4 lines...25$ a line for unlimited minutes is about as cheap as you'll ever hope for
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

When I started collecting social security, they offered me a plain Jane Tracphone for free. First, it was 300 free minutes, then later upped to 500 minutes a month. Recently upped to 1000 minutes a month. I just have to use it at least once a month to stay active. Haven’t found any dead spots yet. Have no idea whose system it’s actually on. GARY.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Thanks very much for all the advice. The consensus seems to be TracFone, and I like that as it's a known "carrier" (yeah, I know they ride on the majors). I saw a lot of ads for Consumer but, it seems TracFone still is better, especially for the way I use a phone. I'm going to dump my Verizon iPhone and save a lot in the process. Looks like no more than $20. a month will keep me going. May even get a flip phone instead of the "smart" phone. Some apps are useful but, so what: I'll just get a new Kindle to replace my 5 year old one.

Thanks again for all the great advice and experience.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Slartibartfast wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:01 am i have TMobile's 55+ plan that gives you two lines with
unlimited talk/txt/4g data for $60 including all taxes
and fees. hard to beat $30 per line for unlimited everything !
Is that 30 per extra line include taxes
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

that's what i pay but it looks like the price went up
$5 per line

https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/t-mobil ... limited-55

this is my plan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !