Bought a SIG 365

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

dieselbeef wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:02 pm I had a bike wreck so I wont be shooting for a few weeks but im gonna run this thing once im able....
What the hell Gary???
Did one of the snowbirds clip you?
Hope you get better soon man.
mavrik

Post by mavrik »

Carried a Glock G26 for years, smoothed the trigger myself but at times it was just to...“blocky”. Then a Kahr PM9 for years after, though the trigger was smooth it was rather a long pull but I shot it very well. Now I’m mated to the Sig P365 9mm for the past 8 mo’s, the trigger is excellent, has nite sights, carries 10 or 12 and like you said,,in a very small package and all for under $500 at GanderOutdoors. But above all a that, these 71 year old eyes and hands put the pearcing agents where they should be easily.

Good luck with yours! Mav
dieselbeef

Post by dieselbeef »

Jeepsnguns wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:56 pm
dieselbeef wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:02 pm I had a bike wreck so I wont be shooting for a few weeks but im gonna run this thing once im able....
What the hell Gary???
Did one of the snowbirds clip you?
Hope you get better soon man.
racing the quad in the woods....hit a tiny little stump threw me sideways and flipped it. broke 4 ribs and my scapula. collapsed my lung..had to have a chest tube for 2 days..worst thing even that tube..holy fuck
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

When they introduce the version with a manual safety later this month/next month I will consider it. However, I'm keeping an eye out for any of lasts years issues resurfacing. And last year saw a LOT of issues in the early releases (firing pins breaking, trigger springs breaking, RSA breaking, back plate causing out-of-battery issues and FTE.

Sig ignored the problems until they couldn't any longer and, although problems weren't admitted to publicly, rolling changes were instituted. Changes were fine, but the way they wen't about it weren't. For example, dim front night sight was also a wide-spread issue. So if you sent your early edition purchase back for a new front night sight they also changed the entire slide, firing pin and extractor...for a problem that they didn't say actually existed. Anyway, the firing pin was redesigned. Some other components were apparently redesigned as well. Reportedly, after about April/May of last year all new production was with the new specs. Issues have still presented themselves (such as primer drag) but I haven't seen as many widespread issues popping up. So far...

It is a pistol that I would like to like. But I'm going to give it a while longer to see if the early issues have indeed been fully resolved.

Congrats on your new pistol and I hope it is a fantastic and reliable shooter. I would be very interested in your round counts and how it performs for you.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
photohause

Post by photohause »

Is it a short return trigger? If not, is there a kit to replace it. I did thin on my 226 and WOW what a difference for $30.
Good luck with it...safe shooting
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
mavrik

Post by mavrik »

Practiced with mine last Friday, it’d been 3 months since I practiced and yes I’m ashamed. Did well w quick doubles to the chest and one to the head(something I pray never comes to reality) but practice is necessary and responsible. One mag out of four would not lock the slide on the last round the 3 times I used it. Other than that it’s a nice gun that conceals easy and shoots point of aim at 5 to 7 yards. Mav
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

dieselbeef wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:44 pm tiny little thing...haven't shot it yet..i will this weekend. im gonna torture this bitch
Nice little gun. I bet it conceals really great. Let us know how it shoots please. :D
Also a good +P ammo would work great in that short barrel.

All my guns with short barrels I use plus P ammo in to give it a bit more punch due to the shorten barrel.

But that's just me. You really do not have to. I'd run from someone with a pellet rifle :lol:

I have and carry the Sig 938 but it's heavy for it's size.

I bought my wife a S&W BODY GUARD.
I found myself asking for it when we went out. It was so small and light. I ended up buying me one without the laser. It's my pocket gun.

But that Sig 365 looks like a real nice weapon and a really great size to easily conceal. Do you have your CCW badge like the cook does in another post :lol: just joking.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
dieselbeef

Post by dieselbeef »

hhaa..no badge..it is virtually invisible..i carry owb and it has got me a lot more opitons now to wear just a t shirt..soon as im healed up ill be wearing it out....I have hornady criticl def for everyday sd
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

dieselbeef wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:02 pm hhaa..no badge..it is virtually invisible..i carry owb and it has got me a lot more opitons now to wear just a t shirt..soon as im healed up ill be wearing it out....I have hornady criticl def for everyday sd
What happened to you. I know I must have read but I swear I can't remember. Your as strong as a horse. I've seen you before. You ok....
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:13 pm
dieselbeef wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:02 pm hhaa..no badge..it is virtually invisible..i carry owb and it has got me a lot more opitons now to wear just a t shirt..soon as im healed up ill be wearing it out....I have hornady criticl def for everyday sd
What happened to you. I know I must have read but I swear I can't remember. Your as strong as a horse. I've seen you before. You ok....
Firemedic, Scroll up on this page around 6 posts..... he responded to my question about what happened to him due to his quad wreck.
And yeah, I've met with Gary numerous times, the cat is strong as a horse as you said.
It might take a couple of months but he'll be OK.