Bought a SIG 365

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Deputydave wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:38 pm The Sig, like the Glocks are still overpriced for plastic pistols but at least the Sigs came down substantially from what they initially started out at.
But cost to the FFL hasn’t dropped a penny. Anytime a popular new gun comes out, & we order 100, but only get 10, & those 10 get sold in the first half hour of a gun show, if you want one, it will sell at full MSRP. Same thing happened with the Glock 43, and now it’s happening with the Springfield Hellcat. Once the new mid engine Corvette, or Shelby GT500 hits the showroom floor, people will pay a huge premium to be the first to have these cars. But when supply catches up with demand, the price will drop to normal. So while a year ago, at any given gun show the first words out of anyone’s mouth was “got any Sig 365’s”, now they ask “got any Hellcats”. GARY
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Yeah, I remember when the P365 first came out it was as high as $699. So with all the FFL, tax, background and whatever, some/many folks paid over $700 for the pistol to the be the first kid on the block with the new toy. And of course the 365 (and now the Hellcat) had initial problems for a lot of folks. And now, again, the 365 is selling for almost half the initial cost. Sorry, but it would have sucked to pay over $700 for a 365 that had issues and less than two years later people are picking them up for $200 - $300 less with no issues after all the revisions. But then if a person has to the the first they deserve to be the beta-tester and pay the high $ cost.

I'll settle for waiting and then picking up a brand new/unfired 365 for $350 OTD.

Same thing with the Glocks. The brand new/unfired Gen 5 G19 I bought was $350 as well. That's even less than my blue label price. Yet the initial cost at Bass Pro for the original owner was $599 (plus tax and background) so it was over $600. Again and sorry, but NO Glock is worth $600+ and in my not so humble opinion people are stupid to pay that much. Particularly when you can pick up a used Glock all day long for $350ish.

Out of all the Glocks I've bought over years, only one was brand new from the gun shop. As mentioned above, I've bought brand new/unfired from private owners several times. But brand new from the gun store only once. That was the Glock 19X and the only reason I made that purchase was that it was a sale that was below even BL pricing, I wanted it and had a specific use for it. Same with the 365, of the three I have I only bought one new at the gun store and again, only because it was the NRA Special Edition and it was the very lowest price available I'd seen.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Watched a video last night from Tim at the MAC. He was shooting the 365 SAS. My thoughts and the video here;

http://sepboard.us/showthread.php?tid=1917
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us