Bought a SIG 365

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
dieselbeef

Post by dieselbeef »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:13 pm
dieselbeef wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:02 pm hhaa..no badge..it is virtually invisible..i carry owb and it has got me a lot more opitons now to wear just a t shirt..soon as im healed up ill be wearing it out....I have hornady criticl def for everyday sd
What happened to you. I know I must have read but I swear I can't remember. Your as strong as a horse. I've seen you before. You ok....
yea.i mentioned it earlier...on the mend...scapula is the worst..fuk....worst thing this is my 2nd crash the same way except last july4th weekend it was 6 ribs..same side...and my collarbone..and a collapsed lung....this time the dr told me I would've died without the chest tube..when he punctured my chest I heard the air rush out...god dma that hurt

still cant shoot as my shoulder is kinda sore and hurts to lift it but doc says its just tissue damage...ill be back riding byt april..I know I know...its what I love man...
ABOC

Post by ABOC »

Deputydave wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:21 pm ...It is a pistol that I would like to like. But I'm going to give it a while longer to see if the early issues have indeed been fully resolved...
I am pretty much in the same boat. For me it's not even about the gun having some teething issues (a lot of new designs do), it's about Sig's way of addressing them. Admitting there were a few problems and letting customers know what is being done to fix them is a lot more productive than denying reality until you can't and having everyone speculate about the changes that have been implemented.

I hope the OP's 365 runs like champ when he finally takes it to the range, like that I will have an excuse to buy one... :mrgreen:
rentprop1 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:35 pm yep, pass ...G43X is where its at
My thoughts on the G43X so far: ...Meh... And yes I do own one.
I will have to give it more time but so far I 'm not convinced.
To me both the G43 and the G43X missed the mark.
"Tuez-les tous, Dieu reconnaîtra les siens" - Arnaud Amaury 1209
Chinerd00

Post by Chinerd00 »

I have a 365 and 250 rounds so far no problems but I heard they don't start till 700 or so. I also don't use +P I use 147g and was told by a P.D. range officer they changed to that. He told me cause it has less recoil then a +P and same take down power. Also less abuse on the gun, I shot both and noticed a difference in recoil. As for my pros for the 365 it fits perfect in my pocket or waste with a small sticky holster holds 10+1 and fits my hands perfect. The cons is only what I have read and watched on YouTube and they seem to be early models mine is after oct, 2018. If I have any issues I will post them here and hope I won't have too.
dieselbeef

Post by dieselbeef »

I have lost count of how many rds thru mine but I shoot at least 100 a week just to practice draw and run and gun in my backyard...gun is flawless..one of the best I own..ill never part with it..i love it...
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

dieselbeef wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:01 pm...on the mend...scapula is the worst..fuk....worst thing this is my 2nd crash the same way except last july4th weekend it was 6 ribs..same side...and my collarbone..and a collapsed lung....this time the dr told me I would've died without the chest tube..when he punctured my chest I heard the air rush out...god dma that hurt

still cant shoot as my shoulder is kinda sore and hurts to lift it but doc says its just tissue damage...ill be back riding byt april..I know I know...its what I love man...
Hey brother did that shit finally buff out? 🤔 What's your plans for this July 4th - going 4wheelin?!?! 😮 Are you all mended and back to bustin up stumps & cypress knees with your head & shoulders? 😜
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
dieselbeef

Post by dieselbeef »

dang son don't know how I missed this....boys been in ohio..I worked all the holiday...yea man 100% been ridin a good bit but the rain is closing everything down...we motocross so when it gets too muddy we don't ..cant...wont ride..so been kinda shut down...sealed the camper roof and did some more upgrades...also been working on the house and expanding the barn
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

ABOC wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:03 am
Deputydave wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:21 pm ...It is a pistol that I would like to like. But I'm going to give it a while longer to see if the early issues have indeed been fully resolved...
I am pretty much in the same boat. For me it's not even about the gun having some teething issues (a lot of new designs do), it's about Sig's way of addressing them. Admitting there were a few problems and letting customers know what is being done to fix them is a lot more productive than denying reality until you can't and having everyone speculate about the changes that have been implemented.

I hope the OP's 365 runs like champ when he finally takes it to the range, like that I will have an excuse to buy one... :mrgreen:
rentprop1 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:35 pm yep, pass ...G43X is where its at
My thoughts on the G43X so far: ...Meh... And yes I do own one.
I will have to give it more time but so far I 'm not convinced.
To me both the G43 and the G43X missed the mark.
Bit of an update:

I came across a trade deal on an unfired 365 with two 10-round mags and a 12-round mag that I couldn't pass up, even though it was a non-manual safety model. Born on date was 02/19. After researching further to make sure the issues had been resolved from last years early runs I decided to make the trade. After taking it to the range I was well pleased. No issues and it ran just fine. About the same size as a Ruger LC9s with increased capacity and excellent night sights (Xray sights). Decided to qualify with it and now it's my off-duty weapon, replacing my well-loved G26.4.

R&R Sports in Tampa had a deal on the Special Edition NRA Sig P365, the one in FDE with the Challenger coin. It was such a good deal I decided to buy one. Haven't shot it yet, just stuck it in the safe. But I did like the FDE color on it quite a bit.

I'm hoping at some point Sig will offer a manual safety conversion. I spoke with them about it and though they have no current plans to offer it, they've received so many inquires that they've sent the idea to upper management. We'll see.

As far as the G43X or G48. I'll pass. Now let me clarify; I like Glock. I carry Glock on duty, teach Glock and until replaced by the Sig I carried Glock off-duty. So I like Glock. But I'm not a fan-boy or Glocktard. I can be highly critical of somethings relating to Glock. As far as the G43, I had one and I liked it. But it is inferior to pistols like the Ruger LC9s, S&W Shield and Taurus G2 in terms of options and capacity. I traded it away. The G43X and G48 are Glocks backwards answer to Sig's 365. They are solid pistols. They are Glocks. But they are going in the opposite direction from the 365. To be fair, Glock has no choice because they can't compete head-to-head with Sig in a micros/sub-compact format because of the design of their poly magazines. So going larger was Glocks only option. So imo, the G43X and G48 are in a niche that I really don't need or value i.e large single-stack 9mm. If I want a pistol the size of a G43X or G48 I'll go back to my G26.4. It's only slightly thicker and I can at least have options in magazine size rather than being limited to a magazine that doesn't work in other Glocks. So while the G43X and G48 are solid shooters, they are an answer to a question no one even cares about.

My reasoning is simple; what is the purpose of a small, single-stack 9mm? Concealability is the prime reason. So the pistol is small and light enough to comfortably carry all the time. Perhaps even pocket carry. While the G43 meets that standard (barely as it's a tad on the larger side of sub-compact) it suffers from low capacity and non-interchangeability on magazines. Sure, you can add +1 or +2's but then you have to make sure to function test as some brands of extensions do suffer malfunctions at an unacceptable rate imo. The Ruger LC9s and Taurus G2S are better in this regard in that they are the same size (actually the LC9s is smaller than the G43 and closer to the G42 in size). The LC9s is lighter than the G43 and holds either 1 additional round or 3 additional rounds if you use the 9-round extended mag. At least it's an option or for your back up mag. The Taurus G2 is slightly higher in capacity, as a manual safety (if you want one) and has the ability to use Sig mags. Both the Ruger and Taurus are about half the price of the Glock yet offer more features. Now add in the G43X and G48 and you see that Glock went even farther away from the main purpose of the single-stack 9mm.

I have a couple of Ruger LC9s' and they're a great little pistol. I've not shot the G2S but I have shot the slightly larger G2 as I owned two of them a while back as well as the PT709. Things shot everything I feed them. Accurate, comfortable and ridiculously inexpensive. I also have a S&W Shield and although it's also on the large side for a single-stack it offers a lot of features over the G43 at half the price.

And of course now that Sig has gotten it's act together on the P365 all the others are losing ground. The P365 is the size of the LC9s yet I can load 10, 12 or 15 rounds. I liked Glock (and still do) but not enough to switch to the Sig. Just a more comfortable, solid pistol. The Sig, like the Glocks are still overpriced for plastic pistols but at least the Sigs came down substantially from what they initially started out at.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Bit of an update: Just purchased a new Glock 19.5 and new Sig two-tone P365 off Armlsit for $350 each. Both unfired and just a couple of months old. Nice when you hit a deal like that. So this is the third P365 I've gotten (traded for one and bought the other two). All are this years make and all have shot flawlessly with zero issues. I gave the two-tone to my son for his CCW.

These pistols initially started out as much as $699 when they were the new hottness. Now I see Cabela's is running a special next week for $399. And normal price seems to be between $450-$499 depending on where you buy one. That's a somewhat fair price considering it has the X-ray night sights standard. I see the price heading for the low $400's on a normal basis to compete against the Hellcat.

Additionally, if anyone is interested in the OEM 15-round magazines I purchased one a couple of months ago. Liked it so much I purchased another yesterday. Both from Osage County Guns. This has turned out to be a great site to order from. I don't recall how quickly the first one shipped but it was quick. The one I ordered yesterday was shipped within three hours. That's good service. Although I've seen these 15-round mags for as much as $49, Osage County has them for a few pennies under $35 with very reasonable shipping.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
macattack321

Post by macattack321 »

I recently picked up one of the new P365 "TacPacs". It has the latest version of the P365 (i.e. x-ray sights), along with three 12-round magazines, and a pretty nice ambi IWB/OWB holster for $550. I haven't had a chance to try firing it, but it does conceal rather nicely.

I'm hoping to get a 10-rounder, just to conceal a tad better. However, Sig is very proud of their magazines, given what they price them at. Maybe I can trade one of my 12s for a 10. :(
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Deputydave wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:38 pm The Sig, like the Glocks are still overpriced for plastic pistols but at least the Sigs came down substantially from what they initially started out at.
But cost to the FFL hasn’t dropped a penny. Anytime a popular new gun comes out, & we order 100, but only get 10, & those 10 get sold in the first half hour of a gun show, if you want one, it will sell at full MSRP. Same thing happened with the Glock 43, and now it’s happening with the Springfield Hellcat. Once the new mid engine Corvette, or Shelby GT500 hits the showroom floor, people will pay a huge premium to be the first to have these cars. But when supply catches up with demand, the price will drop to normal. So while a year ago, at any given gun show the first words out of anyone’s mouth was “got any Sig 365’s”, now they ask “got any Hellcats”. GARY