Universal Background Checks Passes in Nevada Private Sales

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Allme wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:41 pm As far as enforceability I am willing to be there will be a lot of undercover work going on in Nevada. Sell a gun w/o the check, you go to jail and loose all your guns... I think it will have a larger "quiet" impact than what most are thinking, just like Red Flag laws (any idea how many guns have been confiscated in Florida already?). Regardless its tyranny plain and simple.
You're a cynic, which means you have to be a realist. I can just see the stings, the first thing that occurred to me when I read that proposal, which is going to be pushed on the Federal level. A lot less dangerous to go after an average guy, trading like he used to. And, the Fudds thought gun control wouldn't affect them.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

CaptBarty wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:14 am
Allme wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:41 pm As far as enforceability I am willing to be there will be a lot of undercover work going on in Nevada. Sell a gun w/o the check, you go to jail and loose all your guns... I think it will have a larger "quiet" impact than what most are thinking, just like Red Flag laws (any idea how many guns have been confiscated in Florida already?). Regardless its tyranny plain and simple.
You're a cynic, which means you have to be a realist. I can just see the stings, the first thing that occurred to me when I read that proposal, which is going to be pushed on the Federal level. A lot less dangerous to go after an average guy, trading like he used to. And, the Fudds thought gun control wouldn't affect them.
Gun gets used in a crime, they trace it back to you.
"I sold it."
You have proof you got a background check when you sold it?
Got your receipt for the NICS check?
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Sounds just like the Iran-Contra Affair and Operation Fast and Furious...and dozens of other instances.
Who’s in prison for those?

REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

dammitgriff wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:01 am Sounds just like the Iran-Contra Affair and Operation Fast and Furious...and dozens of other instances.
Who’s in prison for those?
Who was behind those?

Who is affected by any law, no matter how screwball?

You are not cynical enough. When you step up in that regard, and can answer those two questions - the answers are simple - you can answer who is not in prison, and why not. Then you will see who will be in prison and why. Don't even consider the conman political propaganda.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.