CCW at the VA? Yah or no?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Nowhere Mon

CCW at the VA? Yah or no?

Post by Nowhere Mon »

Taking my dad to the VA in the morning and it got me wondering?
Skeezix

Post by Skeezix »

No.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/can-i-br ... n-florida/
Florida Statute section 394.458 states that “except as authorized by law” it is a third degree felony for any person to bring, carry, possess, or transport a “firearm or other dangerous weapon” Upon the grounds of any “hospital (or mental health facility) providing mental health services.”
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Synaptic Misfire

Post by Synaptic Misfire »

Plus it's a Federal facility with Federal employees, which makes it a double whammy.
Nowhere Mon

Post by Nowhere Mon »

Thanks...
mavrik

Post by mavrik »

U probably know but no knives either.
photohause

Post by photohause »

Whoopy Cushions are fine
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
joker223

Post by joker223 »

Skoll wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:05 pm https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/can-i-br ... n-florida/
Florida Statute section 394.458 states that “except as authorized by law” it is a third degree felony for any person to bring, carry, possess, or transport a “firearm or other dangerous weapon” Upon the grounds of any “hospital (or mental health facility) providing mental health services.”
Likewise, Florida Statute 790.06(12) lists all the places a person cannot carry a firearm with a CWL and hospitals or mental facilities are not on this list. A good argument could be made that it is legal to carry a weapon with a CWL in places where the statute doesn’t prohibit the act.
There are no court decisions on the matter, therefore I cannot recommend someone bring a firearm inside a hospital with complete certainty. It is likely the issue will be addressed either by the legislature or by a court soon, which will give us all a clearer answer.
Authorized = CWL ?
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

Probably legal in a private hospital with a permit, but illegal in a federal facility like the VA.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

joker223 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:41 pm
Skoll wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:05 pm https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/can-i-br ... n-florida/
Likewise, Florida Statute 790.06(12) lists all the places a person cannot carry a firearm with a CWL and hospitals or mental facilities are not on this list. A good argument could be made that it is legal to carry a weapon with a CWL in places where the statute doesn’t prohibit the act.
There are no court decisions on the matter, therefore I cannot recommend someone bring a firearm inside a hospital with complete certainty. It is likely the issue will be addressed either by the legislature or by a court soon, which will give us all a clearer answer.
Authorized = CWL ?
Authorized as in police or Federal agent. As if they'd let us lowly CCW holders our full rights.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."