Florida’s Semi-Auto Rifle Ban Amendment Gaining Ground

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
bubbatime

Post by bubbatime »

Well the morons just allowed 1 million felons the right to vote, and they vote 95% of the time blue, so yeah, Florida is lost, and the commies have one. Its a solid blue state from 2020 on. Vary sad to what the place will look like in even 5 or 10 years time.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

bubbatime wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:02 am Well the morons just allowed 1 million felons the right to vote, and they vote 95% of the time blue, so yeah, Florida is lost, and the commies have one. Its a solid blue state from 2020 on. Vary sad to what the place will look like in even 5 or 10 years time.
Are felons really that political? I do not know any ex-cons personally.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Has anyone heard from "armed in Pasco" ? He was a member here that move to Alabama
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

P5 Guy wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:55 am Has anyone heard from "armed in Pasco" ? He was a member here that move to Alabama
I'd love to get some info on that, too. I'm glad you asked the "Alabama-Georgia" question earlier. It got me to thinking about it again. I'll likely need to move for another reason, maybe a short one so I can get to hearings until that's over, then a more permanent one. Probably stay in FL until the next election, see how it goes and then make a decision. However, certain other circumstances, if used against me, might make it wise to go sooner. Anyway, Georgia was on the list so I could be on the Atlantic coast. Having to think about it probably saves some grief. Remember, Abram talked about confiscations. So, Alabama is on the list with a few others. Don't really know if I'd fit in or stick out like a sore thumb but, one needs to make the appropriate compromises. I hope "Armed..." comes around to give some info. Or, maybe it's so good, he doesn't want it crowded up with deplorables like me.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Whoutink

Post by Whoutink »

P5 Guy wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:54 am
bubbatime wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:02 am Well the morons just allowed 1 million felons the right to vote, and they vote 95% of the time blue, so yeah, Florida is lost, and the commies have one. Its a solid blue state from 2020 on. Vary sad to what the place will look like in even 5 or 10 years time.
Are felons really that political? I do not know any ex-cons personally.
All the ones I know, will not vote, they also have no clue that this law affects them. I'd imagine the few that are politicaly motivated ain't on our side, I don't really know personally any like that.
tector

Post by tector »

This is like when we discuss open carry--people here imagine all the terrible things that will happen "theoretically," as if there weren't plenty of states with open carry where we can make empirical observations.

A lot of states have allowed felons to vote for eons. Instead of guessing, I presume some numbers from other states might be more useful.

I will say this. I have no idea if felons are going to vote for "gun control" per se. However, as certain "minority groups" are over-represented in the felon population (for whatever reason), and since these "minority groups" tend to vote for liberal candidates, then if these felons follow suit with their fellow "minority group" members, they can be expected to vote for liberal candidates disproportionately. And those liberal candidates will be pro-gun control (even if that is not the reason felons vote for them). But, as I said, this should be testable from historical voting patterns elsewhere, if anybody has bothered to look at such things.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”