Sebring bank standoff: Shooter surrenders after shots fired at SunTrust bank

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

photohause wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:08 am Well, I guess I'm a pussy, but banks are in the higher profile categories...in MY book.
Yes it is everywhere, but I make my choices for my reasons. These are small contained venues. I would have a better chance in a Walmart, or college campus. And yes, people are flocked up. It is just me making better choices on my experiences and beliefs.

No criminal or crazy is going to stop me to go where I want/need to go.

Flawed logic in my book. I will avoid an area that has a higher potential for criminal/crazy people activity.
Given how things are in the time we live in, you might as well never leave your home and have everything delivered.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
tector

Post by tector »

Skoll wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:53 pm
photohause wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:08 am Well, I guess I'm a pussy, but banks are in the higher profile categories...in MY book.
Yes it is everywhere, but I make my choices for my reasons. These are small contained venues. I would have a better chance in a Walmart, or college campus. And yes, people are flocked up. It is just me making better choices on my experiences and beliefs.

Flawed logic in my book. I will avoid an area that has a higher potential for criminal/crazy people activity.
Given how things are in the time we live in, you might as well never leave your home and have everything delivered.
Well, yes and no. There is a potential for danger almost everywhere, but say locally for me--things are a little dicier in Miami Gardens (aka Murder Gardens) than Bal Harbor. So always being prepared does not mean you can't acknowledge that in some places you need to be more prepared than others. You couldn't get me into most of MG at night without somebody riding shotgun, literally.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

tector wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:43 pm

Well, yes and no. There is a potential for danger almost everywhere, but say locally for me--things are a little dicier in Miami Gardens (aka Murder Gardens) than Bal Harbor. So always being prepared does not mean you can't acknowledge that in some places you need to be more prepared than others. You couldn't get me into most of MG at night without somebody riding shotgun, literally.
While you have a very valid point, people seem to forget that it only takes the bad thing happening once to fuck your entire day / life up. Yeah, I'm a lot more paranoid now than I used to be but at least with arms and proper training I feel more prepared to take on a situation than not.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

photohause wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:08 am Well, I guess I'm a pussy
I never meant it this way. I apologize if it is how it came thru.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Guess I got lucky.When going to buy my truck,went to my bank,told my banker I needed $35,000.00 cash,took him 30 minutes to gather it up.Walked out the door with it in my hoodie pocket with left hand on it,right hand at the 4:00 position on my pistol.My banker just stood there and said be careful with a smile on his face.If you're scared,say you're scared,damn !
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
TACC

Post by TACC »

Skoll wrote:
tector wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:43 pm

While you have a very valid point, people seem to forget that it only takes the bad thing happening once to fuck your entire day / life up. Yeah, I'm a lot more paranoid now than I used to be but at least with arms and proper training I feel more prepared to take on a situation than not.
You described it perfectly, you are not paranoid, you are prepared.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

SunTrust reported today they're closing the branch.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

https://www.gofundme.com/sebring-strong ... rce=Direct
Five innocent people lost their lives in a senseless attack on Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2019, at the SunTrust Bank branch in Sebring, Florida and emotionally shocked our entire community.

SunTrust Bank and the SunTrust Foundation have joined with the National Compassion Fund to provide resources and financial support to families of the victims of this mass shooting.

Together we have established the Sebring Strong Survivors Fund, a simple way for others to also donate to this cause with 100 percent of your charitable contribution directly benefiting the families of victims. National Compassion Fund manages the distribution of the funds and works with GoFundMe for the collection of the donations.

The Sebring Survivors Fund Steering committee is subject to the consultation and oversight of the National Compassion Fund, SunTrust Foundation, Sebring community representatives and experts in mass crime victim financial support. The committee is charged to inform the public of its deliberations in the distribution of funds.

If you are interested in contributing, we invite you to combine your donations with ours to help the victims of this tragedy. Together we will help Sebring recover. Together with the people at the heart of this community, we are and always will be SEBRING STRONG!

Alternative Donation Methods are listed below.
36593194_1548640536432307_r.jpeg
Alternative Donation Methods: If preferred, larger donations can be provided by wire transfer or by check.

If by mail, please make checks payable to the National Compassion Fund - Sebring Strong Survivors Fund and send to:

National Compassion Fund
ATTN: Sebring Strong Survivors Fund
1450 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314

For wires, please contact the National Compassion Fund - Sebring Strong Survivors Fund at 571-312-9810 and request wiring instructions.

Please indicate if the donation is anonymous or if it can be disclosed publicly.

Thank you for your donation.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.