Sebring bank standoff: Shooter surrenders after shots fired at SunTrust bank

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

The sad part is the girl friend he was seeing told the news he talked about dong this all the time. to bad she didn't say anything.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

lakelandman wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:31 pm The sad part is the girl friend he was seeing told the news he talked about dong this all the time. to bad she didn't say anything.

apparently she did

It wasn’t a shock to Alex Gerlach, who identified herself as Xaver’s former girlfriend. She said he’s long been fascinated with the idea of killing, but no one took her warnings seriously. For some reason, he “always hated people and wanted everybody to die,” Gerlach told WSBT-TV in South Bend, Indiana.

“He got kicked out of school for having a dream that he killed everybody in his class, and he’s been threatening this for so long, and he’s been having dreams about it and everything,” she said. “Every single person I’ve told has not taken it seriously, and it’s very unfortunate that it had to come to this.”
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

So if nobody did anything about this in Indiana, how do they expect us to do anything about it here in FL when we had no way of knowing?
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
photohause

Post by photohause »

This is why I do not go into banks anymore.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

Skoll wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:38 pm So if nobody did anything about this in Indiana, how do they expect us to do anything about it here in FL when we had no way of knowing?
They don't because they can't take away guns on the premise of protecting a corrupt govt, but they can take them away on the premise of public safety and gets lots of support for it.
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

photohause wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:30 pm This is why I do not go into banks anymore.
If your logic of not going to banks is the possibility of a mass shooting, you might as well rule out going anywhere. It's happened at schools, colleges, movie theaters, restaraunts, etc...
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Molivo wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:02 pm
photohause wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:30 pm This is why I do not go into banks anymore.
If your logic of not going to banks is the possibility of a mass shooting, you might as well rule out going anywhere. It's happened at schools, colleges, movie theaters, restaraunts, etc...
This! Shit happens everywhere! I just make sure I'm packin' and able to help myself and possibly others get out alive as best as I can! Can't be afraid to go somewhere because of the possibility of some shitbag doing something like this! If there would have been a GGWAG the outcome would have been completely different!
TACC

Post by TACC »

One of the ladies probably would have been killed, but after that, it's on! The lead would have been coming back at him fast and furious.

Shoot straight and shoot often.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

I really thought that you were going to write “unarmed” between “banks” and “anymore”. No criminal or crazy is going to stop me to go where I want/need to go.
photohause

Post by photohause »

Well, I guess I'm a pussy, but banks are in the higher profile categories...in MY book.
Yes it is everywhere, but I make my choices for my reasons. These are small contained venues. I would have a better chance in a Walmart, or college campus. And yes, people are flocked up. It is just me making better choices on my experiences and beliefs.

No criminal or crazy is going to stop me to go where I want/need to go.

Flawed logic in my book. I will avoid an area that has a higher potential for criminal/crazy people activity.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?