How Many Robocalls Do You Receive Daily?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Tenzing_Norgay

How Many Robocalls Do You Receive Daily?

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

This sh!t has got to stop. I have to drop what I'm doing 10x a day to answer these calls.

I know you're not supposed to "Press 1", but I started to just out of frustration, and when they answer, delivering my favorite line from "Silence of the Lambs"...yet the same callers keep calling.

I have a anti-robocall app installed, but these losers change their # every time, which renders the blocking useless.

Very frustrating. :twisted:

[youtube]M9ks4DLsHUc[/youtube]
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
gforester

Post by gforester »

Aggravating as shit! I get several a day and a lot of them are using spoof numbers. I have even had them spoof my own phone number.
Villafuego

Post by Villafuego »

I've noticed a pretty big increase in them......vehicle warranties....lower back pain...lower your energy bill.....etc.....

They spoof numbers....so blocking them doesn't do much good.....
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

My phone has a "Spam Call" filter and will usually say if a number is a suspected spammer.

Personally, I won't pick up if it's a number I don't recognize. If it's someone that needs to get a hold of me, they'll leave a message.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

That's the simplest solution.

We have our land line phone on Spectrum, which has a free robo call blocker. Very effective, one gets one ring to announce its operation, and done. On my cell, I have built a substantial blocked call database, so they don't get through. When they use a new number, I'll answer, caller ID showing it's someone I don't know, and use a variety of accents, mostly to show the sucker on the other end it's going to be difficult. "Who dis?" I'll say. Generally they'll answer with some bogus charity or a cruise. "Wha' you want?" Or, I'll do the next line in another language. I have had them hang up on me. YES! :lol: Then I add the number to my block list. I dread ever having to change my number, because I'll lose my database.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
gforester

Post by gforester »

Skoll wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:02 pm My phone has a "Spam Call" filter and will usually say if a number is a suspected spammer.

Personally, I won't pick up if it's a number I don't recognize. If it's someone that needs to get a hold of me, they'll leave a message.
Exactly! I started doing that about a year ago when the robocalls got bad. I figure if it is someone I want to talk to they will either call back or leave a message.
photohause

Post by photohause »

"0" as in ZERO, since I changed the number four months ago. Now the only person with the number is my wife. Too many friends" and clients expect me to drop everything because it's my cell number...best way to get a hold of me is to call the home based office number. If I'm on an job, I will not even look at the phone because i't off or in the car.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
BerettaRacer

Post by BerettaRacer »

Skoll wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:02 pm
I've stopped answering too.
I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

I do not even answer the phone anymore if I do not recognize the number. But these azz wipes will use caller ID numbers and names close to ones you might know now. The names get me. Close to your utility company names.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

I,m a rude obnoxious azzhole when I answer and they start trying to sell something.Then they get blocked,again and again and again.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !