Complaints prompt Amazon to remove products that are offensive to Muslims

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Gotta protect Islamic words from being walked/sat on, but they keep selling AMERICAN FLAG DOORMATS!! :evil:

https://www.amazon.com/American-Outdoor ... ag+doormat

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/08/us/amazo ... index.html
By Alaa Elassar, CNN

Updated 12:11 AM ET, Tue January 8, 2019

(CNN)Amazon has pulled more than a dozen products off its website after receiving complaints that the items are offensive to Muslims.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the nation's largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, asked the online retailer last week to remove the products, which included doormats, bath mats and other items imprinted with Islamic calligraphy, references to the Prophet Muhammad and scripture.

The products, which were being sold by independent merchants on Amazon's website, are deemed offensive because they "would be stepped-on or otherwise disrespected by customers," CAIR said in a statement on Thursday.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Transcript of my chat session with Amazon regarding this - I'll update with the response that I receive:
Initial Question: I am confused about a news release that I read about Amazon today.
09:04 AM PST Sarath(Amazon): Hello, my name is Sarath. I'm here to help you today.
09:04 AM PST flcracker: hello - can you please help me understand a news release that I read about amazon today?
09:05 AM PST Sarath: Sure.
09:05 AM PST flcracker: it is this one - please understand that I AGREE with removing these items - but I have a further concern. https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/08/us/amazo ... index.html
09:06 AM PST flcracker: Complaints prompt Amazon to remove products that are offensive to Muslims
Why does Amazon continue to sell American Flag door mats, bathmats, and toilet seat covers?
09:07 AM PST flcracker: Those are not only offensive to most Americans, but they also violate the US Flag Code.
09:07 AM PST Sarath: Thank you for providing the details.
09:07 AM PST flcracker:
09:08 AM PST flcracker: How do we go about getting those items pulled from Amazon as well?
09:09 AM PST Sarath: May I know is there any issue with the item,American US Flag Wall Indoor/Outdoor Doormat Non-Slip Rubber Floor. It is sold by Wecye.In that case I can help you report the seller?
09:10 AM PST Sarath: Seller Wecye
09:10 AM PST flcracker: Yes there is an issue. It is disrespectful to the American Flag and it violates the US Flag Code.
09:11 AM PST flcracker: As do the many other items that you sell that depict the US Flag on items intended to be walked/sat on.
09:12 AM PST Sarath: I understand your concern and in this case I can report the seller on your behalf and they will get back to you with updates within 24-48 hours via email.
Would that be helpful?
09:13 AM PST flcracker: It's not just this one seller - you have many similar items on your web site. Do I have to go through and find all of the sellers and report them one at a time?
09:14 AM PST flcracker: How about asking your supervisor to explain to me why they can't give the US Flag the same respect that they give to Islamic writings.
09:14 AM PST Sarath: Even if I transfer this chat to my supervisor, I afraid they may also provide you a similar resolution.​
09:15 AM PST flcracker: Then ask them if they would rather have me send a transcript of this chat session to CNN/FOX/CBS
You have a serious public image problem on your hands.
09:16 AM PST Sarath: I understand your situation
I understand this type of issue directly affect our business
We have an special department for investigating this type of issues
We didn't allow this type of activities on our website
09:17 AM PST flcracker: Great! How can I communicate directly with that department?
09:17 AM PST Sarath: To make right for you I have immediately forward this to our concerned department.
09:18 AM PST flcracker: I would like to communicate with them directly
09:19 AM PST Sarath: unfortunately, we don't have such option. They will get back to you with in 24-48 hours
09:19 AM PST flcracker: By phone or by email?
How will they contact me?
09:20 AM PST Sarath: They will start an investigation and contact you via email and with further updates.
09:21 AM PST flcracker: Do you have my email address to pass along to them?
09:21 AM PST Sarath: Sure.
09:21 AM PST flcracker: OK thank you very much for your help.
09:23 AM PST Sarath: No need for any concern. They will get back to you with in 24-38 hours. Citizen's like you are really a blessing.
Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?
09:23 AM PST flcracker: No thanks - I really appreciate you directing this to the right people.
09:24 AM PST Sarath: You are most welcome.
Thank you for contacting Amazon. Please click on the "End Chat" to close this window.

Thank you.
Amazon.com
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

sank you werry werry much sir , Ave a goood day :mrgreen:
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

rentprop1 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:40 pm sank you werry werry much sir , Ave a goood day :mrgreen:
LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
chester field

Post by chester field »

Jeff@Amazon.com is a legit email that goes to guess-who's office? Obviously it will be staff that read it, and not the man himself.

You know.. in case you do not get a satisfactory response and do want to reiterate your intent to forward your chat to cnn etc.
Common Sense... so rare it's like a super power
photohause

Post by photohause »

flcracker - great initiative on your part. Thank youI. I feel if we posted this on sites which would sympathize with us and 34 million Americans reacted as you did, it wouldn't change a thing.

Rent, you have a future career stirring curry.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

So they quit selling ham sandwiches? GARY.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

I do not buy from amazon anyways. I can find the same thing cheaper else where and know that it the real deal and not a cheap clone. Which Amazon has been known to allow it's so called vendors to sell on their site.

That said though. GREAT JOB FLCRACKER!! It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out. I bet your not the only one to have done this either. But because it's Muslims they bowed down to them just like every liberal does. F THE TERRORIST ORGANIZATION CAIR
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
TACC

Post by TACC »

Great job, Please keep us posted if you receive any reply
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Can you still order the bobblehead Mohammed? :lol:

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -