Went to Comcast today & returned all my stuff

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
photohause

Post by photohause »

gforester wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:41 pm Good luck with AT&T, I haven't heard anything good about them from my family or friends.I am sort of stuck with Dish since I have to have access at two locations 600 miles from each other. I can say the Dish DVR is worlds better than what Brighthouse offered me.
Their fiber optic signal if so much faster- our large files are moving in a blank compared to Comcast. And, I did not get their TV. Ruku is fine for the 2-3 hours we watch.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

photohause wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:09 pm
gforester wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:41 pm Good luck with AT&T, I haven't heard anything good about them from my family or friends.I am sort of stuck with Dish since I have to have access at two locations 600 miles from each other. I can say the Dish DVR is worlds better than what Brighthouse offered me.
Their fiber optic signal if so much faster- our large files are moving in a blank compared to Comcast. And, I did not get their TV. Ruku is fine for the 2-3 hours we watch.
Comcast has fiber, too, although not in all areas. Post your Speedtest.net results...

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Clyde621 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:41 pm Do those give you regular networks? Any ability to record to playback later?
Depends. Not always live. You might have to wait a day or two to see the latest episodes. It's sometimes better to wait until the end of a season when you can watch all episodes at once. It takes some getting used to changing your watching habits.

Anything streaming can be stopped, paused, rewound, fast-forwarded...no need to record.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
gforester

Post by gforester »

Fiber optic is definitely the way to go if available. I recently dropped Hughes Satellite Internet (through Dish Network) that I have used her in Alabama the last few years. I went with a fiber optic network through a local cooperative (Farmers Telecommunication Co-op). I pay the same amount as I did with Hughes and it is at least 10 times faster, no loss of signal in storms and no data cap. I had some up front costs to get the cable run to my house and a deposit but it was a minimal concern considering the crappy level of service from Hughes.

The draw back is I can't turn it off when I head back to Florida without paying a big re-connection fee. That is mitigated somewhat as I only have to pay a $30/mo fee to maintain my land line phone while gone. I still have a connection in Florida with Spectrum for just Internet that only costs me $5/mo while inactive.
patw

Post by patw »

We also got Comcast and get better internet speed, more cable channels and pay $100.00 less a month compared to AT&T. We had AT&T for a long time but the service was starting to lag and c.s. could have cared less. It's a crap shoot no matter who you get.
Gmountain

Post by Gmountain »

Comcast is the worst. Congrats on being free of them.
itsme

Post by itsme »

I had Frontier FIOS (formerly Verizon FIOS) for years. I was moving and called to cancel my service on March 18th. They said that my billing cycle had begun at midnight on the 17th and that I had to pay for the entire month through April 17th. I fought it through 2 escalations and finally gave up and they won.
playswithstyrene

Post by playswithstyrene »

Frontier sucks sweaty donkey balls. Comcast is about the same.

'Nuff said about these 2. :evil:

AT&T and Dimhouse (aka. Spectrum) are a dice game. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't and have to raise hell to get them to help you, and sometimes a combo of the good & bad.

Like cel companies, they all suck. You just have to move around and find the least sucky one at the time. :lol:
Who farted?!?
Ger42

Post by Ger42 »

Door to door AT&T stopped by the house Tuesday late afternoon gave me a good price answer questions about me keeping Comcast.net Email accounts. I can keep them. You lady came back last night to see if she could charm me into singing up. What stopped me is 2 months cancellation fee I'd owe Comcast and her selling me fiber optic. I live on a corner lot there has been no AT&T line work since I moved in Oct 2003. I don't want to order AT&T keep Comcast and hope the AT&T works out so I can cancel Comcast. Her quote was $55 less a month. I may sit on it go to the AT&T store get a firm quote then call Comcast and let them know I am thinking of dropping them in favor of AT&T see if I can get a reduction.
Just check my current line speed Download 119 upload 12

Just went to AT&T online ordering price she gave me for 24 months was with a $60/month increase after 12 months. So at the end of 12 months I'd pay more.
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Both are shit but i did it backwards. I had comcast and would get alot of dropped signals. They said that i can purchase this wifi extender that was 200 bucks lol. Told them to fuck off. Also my bill with comcast would fluctuate a little bit. So i switched to att. Got a fix bill and have not had a problem yet.