Went to Comcast today & returned all my stuff

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

Spectrum is going all digital. Our Redington Beach condo had basic cable which will no longer work but they have graciously allowed us one free set top HD box for a year. An extra box would be $8 a month but I've gotta see if I can run a cable to the other TV. It has a Roku and was on WiFi but that's dead now. And they want either $55 or $50 a month for internet via WiFi router depending on who you talk to. Too much for our minimal use. No idea if rates will go up after the 1st year.

A while ago I suggested we put up a building HD antenna, using the existing cabling for free broadcast TV, but it never went anywhere.
photohause

Post by photohause »

I received a $10 early termination fee today from Comcast...about 10 days out from the end of contract.
I also received a bill for $435 equipment charge. I'm glad that I physically went to a Comcast location/office
to return their gear. They gave me a printout of what I returned-mattered solves. I highly
recommend returning gear using this method, as apposed to UPS which they suggest.

Case closed
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Least you guys aren't dealing with Hotwire. I mean it's cheap, somewhat "fast", but holy shit does it go out a lot. Never had the amount of outtages I had with AT&T that I do with Hotwire.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
ss1

Post by ss1 »

Skoll wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:09 pm Least you guys aren't dealing with Hotwire. I mean it's cheap, somewhat "fast", but holy shit does it go out a lot. Never had the amount of outtages I had with AT&T that I do with Hotwire.
Yep we have Hotwire and it seems to go out in bad storms like if their satellite farm was in the neighborhood. You would think that with fiber optic it would be more stable.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

ss1 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:15 pm
Skoll wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:09 pm Least you guys aren't dealing with Hotwire. I mean it's cheap, somewhat "fast", but holy shit does it go out a lot. Never had the amount of outtages I had with AT&T that I do with Hotwire.
Yep we have Hotwire and it seems to go out in bad storms like if their satellite farm was in the neighborhood. You would think that with fiber optic it would be more stable.
Their infrastructure is either terrible or they're renting lines from someone else or something. I don't know their full story I just know the service sucks.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

photohause wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:37 pm I also received a bill for $435 equipment charge. I'm glad that I physically went to a Comcast location/office
to return their gear.
They have to be doing that on purpose, there's no way their systems could be that fucked up. If they tried to stick me with that charge by putting it on my credit report, I would feel like going on a little educational field trip to their equipment locations with a hard hat, hi-viz yellow vest, bolt cutters, and a pair of dikes to get my money's worth out of that sorrow.
photohause

Post by photohause »

When I was moving from Pompano to Vero, I was told by Comcast to bring my gear with me to be set up. When this time came, I was told the stuff was not compatible. I tried to return it at the Vero Beach location, but they said the equipment was the property of Comcast in an0other zone. I hd to drive back to Pompano (120 miles) Comcast facility. In Pompano Beach, the employees were walled in behind bullet glass, like a bank.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

photohause wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:55 am When I was moving from Pompano to Vero, I was told by Comcast to bring my gear with me to be set up. When this time came, I was told the stuff was not compatible. I tried to return it at the Vero Beach location, but they said the equipment was the property of Comcast in an0other zone. I hd to drive back to Pompano (120 miles) Comcast facility. In Pompano Beach, the employees were walled in behind bullet glass, like a bank.
That's SOP at most Comcast service centers.. even the tiny little one in my former town in the PRNJ. Stuck out in the middle of nowhere. They were bought out by Comcast. Anyway, They also had the bullet proof glass. When one considers the amount of equipment they keep "in stock" back there and it's cost (and the risk of it being ripped off), I'm amazed they don't have a vault door.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:05 pm
photohause wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:55 am When I was moving from Pompano to Vero, I was told by Comcast to bring my gear with me to be set up. When this time came, I was told the stuff was not compatible. I tried to return it at the Vero Beach location, but they said the equipment was the property of Comcast in an0other zone. I hd to drive back to Pompano (120 miles) Comcast facility. In Pompano Beach, the employees were walled in behind bullet glass, like a bank.
That's SOP at most Comcast service centers.. even the tiny little one in my former town in the PRNJ. Stuck out in the middle of nowhere. They were bought out by Comcast. Anyway, They also had the bullet proof glass. When one considers the amount of equipment they keep "in stock" back there and it's cost (and the risk of it being ripped off), I'm amazed they don't have a vault door.
They're behind bulletproof glass in Pompano because it's in Pompano.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:13 pm
FfNJGTFO wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:05 pm
They're behind bulletproof glass in Pompano because it's in Pompano.
Well, the one in my dinky little town in the sticks in PRNJ was definitely not Pompano. But, still, they had one.