Cagle loses Primary Race in GA, he was NRA Endorsed

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Miami_JBT

Cagle loses Primary Race in GA, he was NRA Endorsed

Post by Miami_JBT »

NRA candidate loses GOP Primary Race for Governor, win for Georgia gun owners.

As I reported last month; the National Rifle Association endorsed Lt. Governor Casey Cagle for Governor in the Peach State. I asked that Georgia can surely do better than Cagle. Well, he lost. And it wasn't by a small margin either. It was a major shellacking. Out of the 159 counties in Georgia, Cagle only won two of them. The good Lt. Governor even lost his own home county.

For those that wonder why the NRA endorsed candidate losing is a win for Gun Owners. Let me explain with Cagle's own history as a law maker.

*2013: SB188 (Campus Carry) was introduced twice within that legislative session but Cagle refused to allow the Georgia Senate to have a floor vote.
*2014: Cagle wanted to have 'training requirements' inserted into HB65 when the bill being debated and amended in the Conference Committee.
*2016: While hosting a forum with Georgia's religious leaders; Cagle told them that Campus Carry was not "responsible" and he "does not agree with this and other legislation being pushed upon our state."
*2017: The Georgia Legislature passed Campus Carry but Cagle said it was a "thoughtful compromise" when he allowed his College and Career Academies to remain on the exemption list.
*2017: Cagle sent SB177 (Georgia Constitutional Carry) to die in committee and blocked three additional Pro-Gun amendments to be heard in the Senate.
*2018: Cagle during an interview with the news stated "Georgia is in a very good position where our gun laws stand today, and I know of no areas where gun rights need to be expanded in the state."

The NRA backed a politician that happened to wave the NRA's flag when Delta decided to cancel its discount partnership with the NRA. Yes, Cagle is the Georgia politician who took Delta Airline's $40 million fuel tax break away. What basically happened in my humble opinion, the NRA sold out Peach State Gun Owners for someone that gave them good PR after Parkland instead of actually backing the best candidate that would actually defend the 2nd Amendment Rights of all Georgians.

Even President Trump saw through the smoke and mirror that is the GOP Establishment Swamp and backed Brian Kemp.

So why would President Trump back Brian Kemp for the GOP nomination for Governor?

It might have something to do with the leaked audio of Cagle criticizing the tone of his party's mantra and values. He said that it had become focused on "who had the biggest gun, who had the biggest truck, and who could be the craziest."

Yup, Cagle turned up his nose at the salt-of-the-earth Republican base much as President Trump did when, as a candidate, he criticized Hillary Clinton for using the phrase "basket of deplorables" to describe many of his supporters, many that happened to be honest hard working Americans and gun owners. The recording of Cagle released earlier this month was made by Clay Tippins, one of four Republicans candidates who failed to make the runoff in the first round of voting in May. In one of the audio recordings released, Cagle can be heard saying he supported a bill that he considered to be bad policy because he thought it would stymie another rival candidate's fund-raising chances. Cagle uses the conservative cape and cowl of the GOP as a mask to hide his true stance on where WE THE PEOPLE lie when it comes to Constitutional and Civil Liberties.

Brian Kemp for his brash attitude and humor in this race is serious about making Georgia great again for its citizenry and expanding gun rights.

[youtube]EQBENgYJxgs[/youtube]

Kemp supports a tax-free holiday for gun buyers, backs constitutional carry, is against the gun violence restraining orders, and more importantly; he's worked closely with and was endorsed by Georgia Carry.
Georgia Carry proudly endorses Brian Kemp for governor. We believe that Brian, as a lifelong supporter of our Second Amendment rights and a Life Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org will protect and defend the Constitution of the State of Georgia and the United States on all rights, not just a few of them.

He strongly believes in the preservation and restoration of our Second Amendment rights and the protection of our due process rights enumerated in the Constitution. Our due process rights are also under attack along with our right to keep and bear arms. Many states have passed legislation diminishing due process rights and we have had several bills introduced here in GA to do the same. Without due process, we have no rights at all.

Therefore, we are endorsing Brian Kemp to defend and protect those rights as Governor of the Great State of Georgia!
For those that don't know; the NRA has been lackluster in Georgia just like their southern neighbor Florida. Peach State Gun Owners had enough and formed their own pro gun group in 2009 and have been expanding 2nd Amendment freedom while others haven't. Their endorsement of Kemp is a major sign that he is far better for gun owners.

As a Lifetime NRA Member and Florida Resident living twenty miles shy of the Georgia Border. I ask that the Board of Directors and NRA Executive Staff look real hard and deep into who they endorse and support for office. Simply backing a candidate because they gave the organization good PR isn't the best thing to do when it comes to be considered the leader in the fight for gun rights. I hope that the NRA learns from this and corrects the mistakes. Enough of the political smoke screens that are done at the state level. I know Florida and Georgia aren't the only states where the game is played and the NRA backs a weaker piece of legislation or a weaker candidate because it is an easier win.

If the NRA doesn't want to be left on the wayside of history. It needs to shape up or ship out. Because in this day and age with the way information travels at light speed; the old ways of controlling the narrative are over. The people are tired of being played by Political Elitists that look down at the common citizen as a serf to be worked and fleeced. I hope the NRA takes this to heart as does the GOP Establishment.

In the end, a man like Cagle in the governor's seat would not be beneficial to gun owners at all and I say good riddance to someone of that ilk. Good job Georgia!
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
tector

Post by tector »

Interesting. Thank you for posting.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Skoll

Post by Skoll »

So is this a case of Trump's base still being powerful or just Cagle being a terrible pick?
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
patw

Post by patw »

As long as we get no more demonrats in office, I don't care either way
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Skoll wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:15 pm So is this a case of Trump's base still being powerful or just Cagle being a terrible pick?
Trump's base is still powerful and the Political Elitists are screwed since the people are tired of being played by the ruling class.
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

Miami_JBT wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:31 pm
Skoll wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:15 pm So is this a case of Trump's base still being powerful or just Cagle being a terrible pick?
Trump's base is still powerful and the Political Elitists are screwed since the people are tired of being played by the ruling class.
This!!
This is also the reason Trump was elected in the first place. We are sick and tired being played by politicians who promise everything to get elected, then pretend they never actually said it.
#Draintheswamp
"Biden/Harris 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
Clyde621

Post by Clyde621 »

DITTO
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

I don't know anything about either one, but for reference and maybe to shed some light on the NRA support can someone please list what Kemp and Gagle have actually DONE for and against gun rights?
Not the talk which is cheap - and from a politician frequently a lie - but the action.
Thanks
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

I did list Cagle's attacks on the 2nd Amendment