So...We're allowed to carry in "gun-free" zones now?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Yet us citizens have a "duty" to pay taxes to provide Peterson a lucrative pension.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

tcpip95 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:43 am
N4KVE wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:33 am Unless it’s a school, or court house, I somehow never seem to notice those decals on the door of a business showing a gun with a line through it. Darn. GARY.
You can't carry one into an airport in FL.
Actually you can, in the proper container to check onto your flight. GARY.
pharmer

Post by pharmer »

tector wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:12 pm This judge is a piece of work. Obama appointee.
Doesn't matter. If judge allowed suit it would open a money pipeline difficult to shut off. Joe
Keep Today Fresh
tector

Post by tector »

Actually you guys are missing the interesting part--not the ruling as to the cops (agreed, long established), but as to the school. You are compelled by law to educate your children. Yet they have no obligation to safeguard your children. That is fucked.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

As has been said, best argument for the second amendment!
If LEO won’t protect us then we need that right!

I have talked with a few cop friends and they all say the guys is a POS for doing nothing while kids where dying.
They say that wouldn’t have happened in Polk County!
Grady Judd might shoot a cop himself if they let that shit happen!
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

45caldan wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:57 am As has been said, best argument for the second amendment!
If LEO won’t protect us then we need that right!

I have talked with a few cop friends and they all say the guys is a POS for doing nothing while kids where dying.
They say that wouldn’t have happened in Polk County!
Grady Judd might shoot a cop himself if they let that shit happen!

it wasn't just Peterson, none of the responding BSO deputies immediately
entered the school to stop the shooter and they all blamed their lack of
"active shooter training" if they have no duty to protect, they should not
be allowed qualified immunity !!!

A 48-minute standstill: Report highlights Sheriff's Office's failures in Parkland shooting

School deputy Scot Peterson not only hid as a gunman shot down students inside Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in February. He stayed there for 48 minutes, according to a report released Wednesday.

The draft report of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission highlighted multiple failures by the Broward Sheriff’s Office, among them deputies who failed to rush in and commanders who failed to take charge.

Peterson, who was allowed to resign within days of the massacre, was the first on the scene.

“Peterson never made any effort to enter [the school] and help rescue victims or seek out the suspect,” the report said. He never left his safe spot “despite an overwhelming law enforcement presence for over 30 minutes.”

Peterson, a law enforcement officer for 32 years, was the only person on campus with a gun when former student Nikolas Cruz arrived. He was not wearing his ballistic vest, the report said. His last active training had been two years before, on April 19, 2016.

He responded to Building 12, scene of the attack, one minute and 39 seconds after the first shots were fired — after 21 people had been shot. Nine of them would die.

“This makes clear that seconds matter,” according to the report.

The commission recommended that school resource officers like Peterson receive “frequent, thorough and realistic training to handle high-risk, high stress situations.” They typically are not faced with situations such as domestic violence calls, robberies and shootings, the report said, so proper training is of “utmost importance.”

But Peterson wasn’t the only one from the Broward Sheriff’s Office to hear the gunfire and stand back, the report said. He was one of eight deputies and sergeants from the agency on the scene early and “none of these BSO deputies immediately responded to the gun shots by entering the campus and seeking out the shooter,” the report said. One of them bypassed the high school completely, according to the report.

The commission criticized Capt. Jan Jordan, the local commander, for her first radio transmission, which was: “I know there’s a lot going on, do we have a perimeter set up right now and everyone cleared out of the school?” She was “not focused on the primary objective of an active shooter response: Seek out the killer and eliminate the threat.”

Teachers need guns; schools need security, Parkland shooting panel concludes
The commission also found that Jordan “spent approximately the first seven minutes after her arrival in the Building 1 office and then transitioned to a position of cover in the north parking lot behind a car.” She resigned last month.

In addition, law enforcement officers within Building 12 became confused over which classrooms had been cleared and which rooms had not, the report said. The commission criticized the sheriff’s SWAT team for using a color-coded glow stick method to mark certain rooms.

“The inherent shortcoming in that system is that the glow sticks can easily be kicked out of place,” according to the report. “BSO needs a more effective system for its SWAT Team to denote cleared room than glow sticks.”
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

You can do anything you want, just don't get caught. And I doubt they could get a jury to convict you if you stopped an attacker because you broke their dumb rule.
Allme

Post by Allme »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:07 pm If the police & gov't have no duty to protect us, we can DIY, no? Can't have it both ways... :cry:

That didn't cross my mind until you mentioned it, excellent point! This has been upheld by the SCOTUS BTW.
Bobberfishin

Post by Bobberfishin »

tcpip95 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:43 am
N4KVE wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:33 am Unless it’s a school, or court house, I somehow never seem to notice those decals on the door of a business showing a gun with a line through it. Darn. GARY.
You can't carry one into an airport in FL.
I thought you could carry in an airport UP to the TSA check point.
I don't mind you carry inside any part of an airport, but thought you were allowed to enter the terminal but not TSA check point
patw

Post by patw »

My personal feelings, the judges are wrong and so were the original case judgements. What is written on the side of many police vehicles -"to protect and serve" not "to report and observe". I guarantee if the same things happened to those judges or attorneys, the judgements would be different. It is like saying the fire dept. does not need to extinguish a house on fire,make entry and save any victims possible,etc., but only protect other homes from burning. If the police are not there to protect and intervene, then we need to disband them and deploy military personnel to keep the peace. It doesn't make any sense.