After The Crash

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Actually I never looked at how many posts I had or any other members. :oops:
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

I have always favored quality over quantity. But to each their own.
Greg

Post by Greg »

The future is now old man 😎
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

Yeah it is. Just keep in mind, age and wisdom will always triumph over youth and treachery.

:D
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

n0rlf wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:08 pm I have always favored quality over quantity. But to each their own.
Its funny how a guy who has been around a site for a year and made 10,000 junk posts of +1s, snarky comments and animated smilies is considered superior to a guy who has been around 10 years and made 500 meaningful posts that actually contributed to the site and educated its members.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

TC6969 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:30 pm
n0rlf wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:08 pm I have always favored quality over quantity. But to each their own.
Its funny how a guy who has been around a site for a year and made 10,000 junk posts of +1s, snarky comments and animated smilies is considered superior to a guy who has been around 10 years and made 500 meaningful posts that actually contributed to the site and educated its members.
Considered by whom is the question? I have always looked at big part counts as someone with a lot of time on their hands. Time probable better superb on other things, like shooting. :D
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

n0rlf wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:34 pm Considered by whom is the question?
Others of his ilk with lives so meaningless and pathetic that they need an illusionary high ranking on a website to validate it.
Casual

Post by Casual »

tector wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:40 am
n0rlf wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:28 am I have never understood the post count thing. What in the world does it matter?
A significant portion of the population has never moved beyond junior high school mentally and emotionally.
Because your Mom was hottest in Junior high, best memories
Jnkranch

Post by Jnkranch »

The loss of the countless memorable threads is devastating. These threads served as a common link for those who participated in them or were members as these threads evolved. The loss, effectively severed these links and the concept of having to start anew, bereft of the history, save for anecdotal evidence, seems insurmountable. Insurmountable, not as a forum, obviously the forum is back, insourmountable in attempting to recreate the feel and the sense of belonging that these old threads imbued on its members.

Remember Norm from Cheers? “Where everybody knows your name”.... Would the bar be the same if you replaced all of the bar flies with strangers? For one, No one would know your name. And the reason they knew your name to begin with, is all of the time you have spent together and the stories shared by those bar flies.

The loss of the threads after the crash is equivalent to replacing all of the bar flies at Cheers with total strangers. Sure, you can still get a beer. And sure you can engage in creating new stories, but one cannot, without sadness in their heart, remember all of the memorable threads and the insourmountable loss of them.
Grip Hugger

Post by Grip Hugger »

Legio wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:29 pm [ It does not seems that anybody really miss the old content.
I miss my stellar thread that had more views than most all.
"Concealed Weapons Badges. Yes or No?"
:lol:
The shooter formerly called #1Glock30