Language. Always a tough subject

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

Lastrites wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:30 am
Shadowbob wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:00 am I remember the days here when you actually had to insult someone for their panties to get in a bunch. Now people are offended and insulted by off color words. Bunch of pussies.
That said, I did enjoy having to be creative and viewing other’s creativeness when calling someone a bitch or cunt.

And don’t go to Pen Island with Rent and Capt. you’ll never be the same.
A sensitive bunch many have become, not the old crusty hardened core, lol.

Long time Bob hope your well!
I was thinking the same thing for a while everywhere until I realized from a family member just how many people are eating xanax, zoloft and other mood controlling drugs everyday. Either no emotional response at all, or they cry when they feel sad.
Ben V.

Post by Ben V. »

we own guns how we do to protect the right of free speech....

with that said, there should be a rule on racism, and a place to post NSW topics, or at least to move them to.

as Cartman says - fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuck
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Ben V. wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:57 pmthere should be a rule on racism
Define racism. If I say that I don't like blacks, am I racist or am I exercising my 1st amendment right ? As long as I am not advocating to kill them all.
Ben V. wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:57 pmand a place to post NSW topics
We tried that already. If it's not Safe for Work, then don't read it at work. Nobody seem offended when someone cuss during a conversation, but on a screen, everybody gets offended. It well may be because face to face, you might get punched.
Ben V.

Post by Ben V. »

i mean slurs....you dont know who mcuzi is, do you? hes from florida, actually. his family owns a few small hotels too. he went on some anti semantic rant with a full blown pictorial of the senate, he had to go. by racism i mean that. i have a word for everyone myslef, but i rarely use them.

i hear ya on the NSW thing, but i have seen times and had complaints where something like a topic title right on the front page for all to see was vulgar. most notably an importer and a factory rep saw it and complained about how unprofessional it looked. there should be a balance in the force, luke. maybe a special section wont work here, but it did for us, as did a political section.

i know this is a different situation and all, i am just sharing some of my experience, coming from a top down look at matters.

being admin is a bitch, that much i do know. there is an actual website for forum and social website admins that i would refer to at times for advice, actually.

i agree that there shouldnt be limitations.....but there is a line that must be drawn. where that line is, thats a community discussion, which is what this thread is all about.
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

So lots of good points from both sides. Coming soon to a forum near you, poll on rule items.

It seems we have to ask the community here to vote on what they would like.
10MMgary

Post by 10MMgary »

How about a Tipper Gore warning label like they did for those evil rockers & rappers record albums, I mean it is for the children and if it saves one child life. Besides no child needs to read the words "cunt fuck fist fuck Hillary sucks face fuck straight fuck ass fuck dick suck" as an example. And when they do need to read it let it be in a Kike owned, built by slave labor Mosque staffed with Pedo Priest. Okay I need to go medicate now, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.
tector

Post by tector »

:lol:
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Ben V.

Post by Ben V. »

you have to admit, he does have a good point....
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

Mcuzi hasn't been around here or posted much elsewhere for 10 years... He used to post often on this site.