Anyone going to the postponed 500 on Monday?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TippyRacer

Anyone going to the postponed 500 on Monday?

Post by TippyRacer »

So was thinking about trying to find cheap tickets and going to the rain delayed Daytona 500 today, anybody else considering it? Gummint holiday and all means I’m off.
The Speedway can’t sell any more reserved seat tickets because they were “sold out” a week ago, they can’t sell someone’s previously sold and reserved seat, but I was trying to figure out the best way to get in on the cheap.
I know nothing, and I can prove it.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

I’ve gone to race dalayed races the next day. 90% of the fans have gone home. Most of the staff too have to work their regular jobs. I did have my ticket from race day, but sat in the best seats in the house. GARY.
BerettaRacer

Post by BerettaRacer »

There's always a ton of scalpers selling tickets on the street and by the offsite parking lots. Download a seating plan so you can check where the seats are. Bring cash in small bills and be ready to haggle, the closer you are to green flag the cheaper the seats get. Scalpers and brokers would rather sell at a loss than not sell at all.

Remember, Daytona's kind of backwards, if you sit down low close to the track you get the "feel" but don't see that much because of the high retaining wall. If you sit up high you don't get as much of the pounding feel but can see a lot more.

Also, depending on your preferences, best to bring ear plugs to knock down some of the noise, or a radio with ear buds to tune into the announcers commentary. Some phones have FM if your battery will hold that long, I used to bring a little Sony sports/jogger radio. Play forever on a cpl of triple A's.
I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
TippyRacer

Post by TippyRacer »

Yeesh, didn’t end up going but watched on tv, what a piss poor ending to the race. Fox’s coverage didn’t even end with a fizzle, more like a whimper then cut to whatever loser show was “regularly scheduled”.
Glad I ended up not going and taking my daughter, that ending would have messed her up. Hell watching Newman get tboned upside down at 180+ and have fuel pouring out of what was left of that car while other parts of it were on fire bothers the hell out of me. It was best we didn’t go in retrospect, would have been a very bad drive home.
I wonder how Hamlin and Blaney are going to sleep tonight, not well if they are at all human. But that’s a big IF.

Did I mention what a shit ending?
I know nothing, and I can prove it.