Mosin nagant 91/30

The art of collecting C&R firearms including: Mausers, Mosins, Enfields and others. Got questons on C&R Licenses? Ask here.
45caldan

Mosin nagant 91/30

Post by 45caldan »

Missed out on these when they hit here in big numbers for dirt cheap several years ago but got a nice/ clean one off GB for $315.
Already mounted a long eye relief scope with a good mount that uses the dove tail the rear sight sits in (bitch getting the rear sight base off).
Plan to shoot it tomorrow.
My first purchase since obtaining a C&R license.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/869058714
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

Thats a nice Mosin, I like those Hex receivers.. I do remember local stores having them in the 89 dollar range.. Wow never thought they would sell them all at one time. Again that is a nice one to get.
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

I used to collect the Finnish variants. There was something so cool about little old Finland standing up to big bad Russia and taking captured rifles, improving them, and them turning them back against their former owners. Finns were bad ass - wolverines on skis.

A dozen years or so ago, I picked up a couple very nice Finns from pawn shops for the same price as a standard 91/30, because the shop owner didn't know the difference. I didn't even haggle with them - paid their asking price, gladly. Also got a Finn captured SVT-40 for $300. Wish I had a couple of those back.
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

Odessaman wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:57 pm I used to collect the Finnish variants. There was something so cool about little old Finland standing up to big bad Russia and taking captured rifles, improving them, and them turning them back against their former owners. Finns were bad ass - wolverines on skis.

A dozen years or so ago, I picked up a couple very nice Finns from pawn shops for the same price as a standard 91/30, because the shop owner didn't know the difference. I didn't even haggle with them - paid their asking price, gladly. Also got a Finn captured SVT-40 for $300. Wish I had a couple of those back.
Ya I have heard they are very nice and if you find one they are double a Russian Mosin.
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

One of the coolest Finn marked guns was a British Boys anti-tank gun.. England gave Finland 2-400 of them when they were a neutral and not an Ally to Germany. And what is neat is most of the Boys guns out there on the surplus market are from those Finnish shipments. Also a plus to the Finn Boys guns they have the Original muzzle break on them and do not have the improved muzzle break

Now that svt-40 sounds nice. I am assuming that this did not have any of the After War fixes??? What was the make and year of that rifle??
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

indy1919a4 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:55 am One of the coolest Finn marked guns was a British Boys anti-tank gun.. England gave Finland 2-400 of them when they were a neutral and not an Ally to Germany. And what is neat is most of the Boys guns out there on the surplus market are from those Finnish shipments. Also a plus to the Finn Boys guns they have the Original muzzle break on them and do not have the improved muzzle break

Now that svt-40 sounds nice. I am assuming that this did not have any of the After War fixes??? What was the make and year of that rifle??
I wish I could remember the details of it - it was the only one I ever owned. Have to see if I've got any pics of it remaining. I got offered a can't-turn-it-down price for it (especially considering what I paid) and of course at the time had another distraction calling me, so . . .
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

Shot the mosin yesterday.
It was battle accurate but could be more if the trigger is improved. Very stiff.
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

45caldan wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:18 am Shot the mosin yesterday.
It was battle accurate but could be more if the trigger is improved. Very stiff.
I do remember reading about the barrel harmonics was set up to be shot with the bayonet on it.. So if you put a bayonet on it you may improve the accuracy... Plus it sends a hell of a message when your at the range :)
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

Odessaman wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:37 pm
thanks!