Mosin nagant 91/30

The art of collecting C&R firearms including: Mausers, Mosins, Enfields and others. Got questons on C&R Licenses? Ask here.
Buster

Post by Buster »

indy1919a4 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:12 pm
45caldan wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:18 am Shot the mosin yesterday.
It was battle accurate but could be more if the trigger is improved. Very stiff.
I do remember reading about the barrel harmonics was set up to be shot with the bayonet on it.. So if you put a bayonet on it you may improve the accuracy... Plus it sends a hell of a message when your at the range :)
I have read this also. I believe that at 100 yards they will group 4" left without bayo.
Serenity now ...
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

Buster wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:37 pm

I have read this also. I believe that at 100 yards they will group 4" left without bayo.

You know that may account for all the photos of russian troops marching into battle or in battle with their Bayonets on.. Now alot of that may just be staged propaganda photos. But they are out there.

Ever see some of the bayonets from the land of strange for the Mosin.. But you have to expect such things with a weapon that has gone though so much change. Have always had a thing for that Scythe/Blade Bayonet.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/201 ... cessories/
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

I for for one think the whole MN line is crap. I ordered three when they were cheap. All looked refinished but had back bored barrels. My 870 would outshoot all three of them all day long using slugs with the MN's using corrosive ammo. Paid like $59 each with my C&R and sold them a few year later with the left over ammo for around $300 (as in $100 EACH). It was a good deal for the member on this board I sold them to , but I don't miss them one bit. At the time the YUGO M48 mausers were a much, much better made quality rifle.