AOW vs. Non-AOW?

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
ss1

Post by ss1 »

Wakko wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:20 pm I have a Serbu type shorty that I got from a group buy we did here many years ago. 12 gauge. I have exactly 6 rounds through it. I also have one of the Tac14s, and that's MUCH more fun to shoot. Remington has a $50 mail in rebate right now for their shotguns, so you can get a new Tac14 for about $200 right now. That's stupid cheap. I have one in 20 gauge and one in 12, and the one in 12 is mag fed. Fun fun fun.
I was in the same group buy and the guy in MO had somehow messed up my SN with the ATF form and I never got it back and the shorty was lost. Still ticks me off. Scott who had spearheaded the group buy thought he located it but then he went radio silent as well.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

Did you lose any money on it? Where was the last place it was supposed to be?
ss1

Post by ss1 »

Well, the price of the shotgun, the amount for the conversion and I was supposed to get it hydrodipped in skull and crossbones. Never got a clear answer as to where it was while it was waiting for the ATF correction.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

I had mine done exactly like that too, but no crossbones. So you shelled out $600 or so and never got the gun or a straight answer? Did you seek any sort of restitution from Scott or American Tactical? Do you have a serial number? I sent my own gun in to be converted, did you do that?
ss1

Post by ss1 »

Bought a new 870 from Buds and shipped it out. Just kept waiting for a resolution then a couple years of divorce sidetracked life in general. I have the original serial from Buds but never any paperwork from the group buy. Lost all contact and info when the PMs were lost here
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

Well, the gun is somewhere. You can call NFA to check the registry, and call American Manufacturing to see where it went. Scott’s still around, his business is Hydro Print Services. Ask him. Unfortunately, by now I’m sure whatever vendor had the weapon considered it abandoned and sold it to someone else. Worth finding out though.