Source for First Suppressor

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:31 pm
If building (Form 1) as an individual (vs. trust), what happens to the "engraving rule"? Does that go away? :?:

I don't want my name floating around out there...
no ATF regs says it still has to be marked with makers name ( or trust info ), city and state, model and cal...( if you are doing an AR, you don't have to remark the model and cal, but name, city & state

if you don't want your name on it, do a trust....

in the old days a well known So Fla class 3 dealer was putting the original Mfg's name as the maker on customers F1's :shock: a lot of them slipped by the ATF, ...the rub;.... that gun did not leave the factory as a Factory SBR ( for example ) and the paper trail is incorrect, not sure if what ATF would do if you tried to sell it or had to do a lost/stolen report ....possibly take it, or just have you correct the form and mark the firearm, but I personally wouldn't wanna get caught with one.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

So...a Trust isn't always a bad thing...

Thx.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:02 pm So...a Trust isn't always a bad thing...

Thx.
not if you have an extra 4 months to wait for an approval :roll:
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

For a while, guys were using oddball trust names like “in God we trust” and such. Mine is regrettably the The Wakko W Wakko Revocable Living Trust. That’s what I get for letting the lawyer pick it.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Wakko wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:48 am For a while, guys were using oddball trust names like “in God we trust” and such. Mine is regrettably the The Wakko W Wakko Revocable Living Trust. That’s what I get for letting the lawyer pick it.
I bet that looks awesome on the side of your SBR....lol :roll:

I used to tell people keep it short ABC TRUST, Anytown, FL

as per an ATF letter last year, " cute" or odd ball names such as F-Hillery Trust, or Zombie Killaz Trust, often get sent to " Legal " first for review, thus making your wait times even longer :shock: , same with intended purpose.... people in the old days used to think it was cool to put " Zombie Hunting" or "it's my God given right" instead of "For All Legal Purposes".....the lesson here, don't try and be "cute"
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

I'd rather wait a little longer and have a Trust name on the side of my build vs. my actual name. ;)
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:12 pm I'd rather wait a little longer and have a Trust name on the side of my build vs. my actual name. ;)
yea I wouldn't want anything on the side of my gun with (yourGAY) in it either.....lol