Taurus TX22

Everything regarding .22 pistols, revolvers and rifles.
Deputydave

Taurus TX22

Post by Deputydave »

A local small gun shop I've dealt with before put the Taurus TX22 on sale today. $287 which I'm hoping was a good-to-decent price. Never really priced them too much before but I figured since I didn't have a .22 pistol it was time I purchased one. I had thought about the Kel-Tec P17 but I haven't seen hide nor hair of one around here since I first saw them in his post.

Overall I've heard very good reports from TX22 owners. So I decided to add this one for a couple of reasons. First, I'm hoping it will be a dependable platform for my wife to train on. Since she is recoil sensitive due to hand issues this should be something she can get a lot of use out of at the range and then polish the range session off with whatever she can handle from her .380 and 9mm's. As soon as I brought it home she wanted to see it. She took it out of the box and was pleased that she was able to rack the slide easily. She likes that it has a MS as it mirrors her other pistols. She liked how it felt. So basically she claimed it as her own. Secondly, like I mentioned, I don't have a pistol in .22 and felt like it was a reasonable prep to get. I don't recall how much .22 I have on hand but I know it's pretty substantial. I haven't priced .22 in a while so I'll have to see what it's running. Don't even know if WM still carries it or not?

I'd like to get it to the range next Monday because that's ladies night and she likes to go on that night.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
rug357

Post by rug357 »

I have more 22 handguns and rifles than I can count but I was interested in getting a TX22 too for my son.
I like that it's a full size pistol and has 16 round mag. I've heard a lot of good thing about them after they got the barrel issue fixed up.
Report back after shooting it.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

I had one as a suppressor host when they first came out, I liked the full sized feel, no issues what so ever, I just wanted one in green, so I sold it to a customer and then the covid BS started and I couldn't get a green one, but I plan to pick up another ASAP,,,extra mags were a little hard to come by , but Im sure they will be back around