Trying Again, 22LR Pistol Recommendations?

Everything regarding .22 pistols, revolvers and rifles.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Louiethelump wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:40 pm Sent OP PM ref S&W Victory .22 available.
A/C got tired and died, all available funds are going towards replacement and keeping cool. :cry:
ab4ka

Post by ab4ka »

I don't think there's a better bang for your buck than a nice, used Ruger MkII.
Greg

Post by Greg »

I’m thinking of a Ruger Charger. I have a 22 can but nothing to use it with and I figure I can trick out one of these pretty nice
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
sek2344

Post by sek2344 »

I have two Kel-Tec P17's which I purchased last summer and I was so Impressed that 4 months later I bought a second one! I have shot over 1000 rounds in each and I have not had one Failure, except a few Dud rounds. I shoot only Hi Velocity 40 grain copper clad ammo! I also recently purchased a Kel-Tec CP33 several months ago and it has been a reliable, smooth shooting gun and I have had No Malfunctions at all! I love the 33 round magazines and I purchased a third magazine and I installed the 17 round extension which gives me a 50 round magazine! I also purchased a Auto Loader From "LUDEX" and this makes loading these Hi Capacity magazines very quick and easy with no malfunctions! I highly recommend These Kel-Tec 22LR Guns!
Bobberfishin

Post by Bobberfishin »

sek2344 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:35 pm I have two Kel-Tec P17's which I purchased last summer and I was so Impressed that 4 months later I bought a second one! I have shot over 1000 rounds in each and I have not had one Failure, except a few Dud rounds. I shoot only Hi Velocity 40 grain copper clad ammo! I also recently purchased a Kel-Tec CP33 several months ago and it has been a reliable, smooth shooting gun and I have had No Malfunctions at all! I love the 33 round magazines and I purchased a third magazine and I installed the 17 round extension which gives me a 50 round magazine! I also purchased a Auto Loader From "LUDEX" and this makes loading these Hi Capacity magazines very quick and easy with no malfunctions! I highly recommend These Kel-Tec 22LR Guns!
Agree 100% these Kel-Tecs are a blast. Just picked one up 3 weeks ago. Sights were right on.
Rural King has them for $210 plus tax (& a $5 background check if you buy at their stores)
Can't beat that price
ADulay

Post by ADulay »

Like most things, it depends on what you want to do with it.

When we were looking to do the Steel Challege game with pistols we got a Ruger Lite for the lady (she loves the look of it) and a S&W Victory for me. I liked the heavier feel of the Victory.

I shoot both of them equally well. They both run very nice right out of the box.

Eventually put red dots on both of them and they are fun to shoot.

You won't keep up with the dotted rifles, but there's plenty of Rugers and Victory's shooting Steel in the rimfire pistol divisions.

Of course both of them have tons of aftermarket support so that won't be a problem with either gun.

AD
ADulay

Post by ADulay »

An earlier post mentioned the Ruger Charger pistol.

Excellent shooter, but not as a pistol.

Put an SB brace on it (LOP less than 13.5 inches) and you've got an excellent rimfire rifle.

The 13.5" is to keep it a brace and not a stock for the ATF guys who want to play semantics with recreational guns.

AD
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

ADulay wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:52 pm An earlier post mentioned the Ruger Charger pistol.

Excellent shooter, but not as a pistol.

Put an SB brace on it (LOP less than 13.5 inches) and you've got an excellent rimfire rifle.

The 13.5" is to keep it a brace and not a stock for the ATF guys who want to play semantics with recreational guns.

AD
I sbr’d a charger. Super fun to shoot.
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

ab4ka wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:04 am I don't think there's a better bang for your buck than a nice, used Ruger MkII.
I picked one up recently at the Lakeland gun show to replace one I foolishly sold years ago.
Very happy to have another in my safe!