Recommendations for an "Under the bed" Quick safe

Over/Unders, Doubles, Pumps, Semis, Home Defense.
FfNJGTFO

Recommendations for an "Under the bed" Quick safe

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Now that I posses a Mossberg 590 "Shockwave," 12G,

I'm thinking about how to incorporate it into my HD plan. It's short enough for me to maneuver with it throughout the house( I've tested that already). I know I'll have to learn how to fire it properly, and that will present some challenges on how to keep it stable and manage recoil, etc., given how you're supposed to hold it. I'll work on that. But the greater question I have is, how to store it safely while still having it loaded and "at the ready" (as my P320 is, but inside its quick access gun safe on my nightstand).

I'm looking for an equivalent "quick access" safe or securing device that's big enough to accommodate a shockwave in "condition 1" but allows quick access in the event it's needed quickly. Ideally, it would be anchored to the steel bed frame below my box spring. I'd want it there because I may not have the ability get up and walk over to a small gun safe to get it. I'd want to be able to reach under the bed and access it. I know... I know... I shouldn't be "reaching for it" under the bed where I can't see the trigger housing. I'll have to consider that.

Alternatively, I have a bed headboard with hidden storage compartments that could completely house a small gun safe and I could access it without even leaving the bed. The challenge there is I'd have to turn my head/body away from the bedroom door to open it, and I'm not sure I'd want to do that if I'm expecting someone to bust through that door, momentarily (I keep the bedroom door locked when I'm sleeping, but anyone could easily kick it in).

Any suggestions on what device I could use that could be accessed from my bed (as is my P320) would be greatly appreciated.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Street Sweeper, Bump Stock, Arm Brace, and the next ... ?