Browning A5

Over/Unders, Doubles, Pumps, Semis, Home Defense.
Cubanstang50

Browning A5

Post by Cubanstang50 »

I picked up a 1964 A5 with a poly-choke from gunbroker this week. I have not shot it yet. But i was trying to hand cycle some ammo and trying the auto loading and it was not doing it. I put white lithium grease on the slide and still was not cycling. Is there anything i should do. I am going to the range tomorrow to test it out and see if will shoot properly. Thanks in advance.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

does it have a lever on the left side, if so thats the lock out for single load
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

rentprop1 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:36 pm does it have a lever on the left side, if so thats the lock out for single load
Yes it does. I rack the bolt back, lever open and introduce a round at the bottom and it just goes insideand does not get picked up and chambered. Gonna shoot it next week and see how it goes.
Skeezix

Post by Skeezix »

rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Cubanstang50 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:25 pm
rentprop1 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:36 pm does it have a lever on the left side, if so thats the lock out for single load
Yes it does. I rack the bolt back, lever open and introduce a round at the bottom and it just goes insideand does not get picked up and chambered. Gonna shoot it next week and see how it goes.
when you rack the bolt it should lock to the rear, drop a shell in the chamber, and hit the button, the bolt closes, then you can push the button and load 2 or 3 or however many int he tube , hand cycle and see if it feeds them from he tube.
if you drop the bolt on an empty chamber, you can then push the button and load a couple in the tube then dry fire and cycle the bolt and see if it feeds

Fair warning, all the above is best done with dummy rounds or snap caps
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Did you get it figured out!