JTS M12AK

Over/Unders, Doubles, Pumps, Semis, Home Defense.
ss1

JTS M12AK

Post by ss1 »

A few weeks ago PSA had the JTS for $400 which I thought was cheap enough to offset any risk of getting a garbage chi-com AK based shotgun. At first blush, it arrived in a nice cardboard box and seemed a bit “clunky” but seemed well made. Took it to the range and ran 6 boxes of 00 buck, 10 rnds of low recoil slugs and a box of bird shot. The shotgun has a 4 position gas adjustment which rotates the piston cylinder to different sized vent holes. It seems the hole alignment is a little off and ideally needs to be re-drilled. This resulted in flawless cycling with the full power buckshot at full open #3 (#0 being closed) and about 50% failure to feed with the bird shot and 100% FTE with the low recoil slugs. I’m going to clean up the hammer and bolt and hope to get a little more reliability. It’s advertised to take Saiga 12 and VEPR 12 mags but fitting is def needed. The gun has a proprietary stock mount and the trunion is also unlike the Russian versions, making the forearm extremely limited to upgrading. I was able to get a rear adapter plate for ACE stocks but I needed to hack up a Magpul Zhukov forend to make it fit. The shotgun is designed to use Remington type choke tubes, but I got a conversion choke tube so I can put on one of those Saiga 12 Molot muzzle brakes on it. It’s been a decent project but we’ll see how it runs after 1000 rounds. Image
before
centuriondoom

Post by centuriondoom »

Hey there, I love your build. I found pictures of the after shot on google after purchasing mine. The Zhukov hand guard looks excellent on this gun. I recently purchased the hang guard as well. I was wondering if you could shed some light on what steps you had to take to make the Zhukov Hand Guard fit onto the barrel. Your input would be greatly appreciated.
Big_mike

Post by Big_mike »

centuriondoom wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:41 pm Hey there, I love your build. I found pictures of the after shot on google after purchasing mine. The Zhukov hand guard looks excellent on this gun. I recently purchased the hang guard as well. I was wondering if you could shed some light on what steps you had to take to make the Zhukov Hand Guard fit onto the barrel. Your input would be greatly appreciated.
Maybe send him a PM?
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

Big_mike wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:15 pm Maybe send him a PM?
...or, post it here since it Is of general interest, relates specifically to your review, and explains how you improved the piece.

Or, you could start a new thread...“How I built the ultimate zombie machine”
Gunzallday

Post by Gunzallday »

Hello all, just came across this forum and figured I'd reply. I absolutely love my JTS. Break in was typical of most mag fed semi autos. Im trying to figure out how to post some pics of my build.
BRAV0

Post by BRAV0 »

I see it’s an older thread but any input on how you put the magpul handguard on the JTS
BucsNoles75

Post by BucsNoles75 »

Has anyone figured out how to mount the ZHUKOV handguard to the M12ak?
BRAV0

Post by BRAV0 »

Just finished mine

ss1

Post by ss1 »

Sorry, didn’t check on the thread for obviously a long time. The aluminum body of the forend needed a lot of fitting. I had to cut the rear portion away to form the rear key, remove the rear m-lok rails to fit over the trunion and remove a portion of the inner walls of the front m-Lok to fit over the gas piston. Notch out a part for the stock forend retainer, and machine one of the magpul clamps (threaded side) to form the front key. If I could do it over again, I would have fashioned an offset rear key and lowered the forend by 3mm so I could access the gas adjustment without using a punch or tool.
I’ve since cerakoted the aluminum and added a brake. Shoots amazing after a little tuning. Image
BRAV0

Post by BRAV0 »

Could I send you one of my magpul brackets and get it machined 👍🏻