Thinking about another Smith revolver

Wheelguns of all descriptions.
neverenoughguns

Thinking about another Smith revolver

Post by neverenoughguns »

So I am thinking about treating myself to another Smith and Wesson revolver. Really shouldn't but want to for multiple reasons. What would you choose between a 648 WMR or a 610 in .40/10mm?

The 648 is pretty nifty and would almost duplicate my 617 which I acquired years ago from FALKevin. Love the 617 and the 648 would be fun and a bit more punch. I have a few of the wmr guns and they are certainly a bit of fun to shoot and am very familiar w/ the k/l frame revolvers - big fan.

The other option is the 610 which is a bit larger but not stupid big. Nice thing about the 610 is that I can reload my own 40 and feed it fairly cheep. Probably even cheaper than the 648. This would be very similar to my 625 but would have the flexibility to shoot the .40 or the 10 mm. I do not have a 10mm so it would be a whole new cartridge to acquire but not the end of the world. They are a couple hundred more though....

What do the people that have owned/shot the above think? Can't really afford to do both right now... just kicking around the concept of another revolver....