Bond Arms Derringer Firing pin?

Wheelguns of all descriptions.
kayakingsteve

Bond Arms Derringer Firing pin?

Post by kayakingsteve »

Not sure which forum this would go in, since it's not a wheel gun or an auto loader.

Have a busted firing pin on a Bond Arms Snake Slayer IV... It'd be a simple repair, take about 5 minutes, except Bond refuses to sell firing pins or parts to the public. They want to charge me 75 bucks to mail it in.

Anyone know of a comparable firing pin that would work? Any experience with these?
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

Never had a Bond, but all derringers pretty much follow the Remington Model 95 pattern, so another brand's pin might fit or be close enough to modify.
If you take some pics and measurements of the unbroken pin, it'll be easier to look for a suitable substitute.

Or, if you know a machinist, you can take the unbroken pin to him and have him turn you several out of drill rod and harden them. Install what you need, keep a spare or two, and sell the rest to help defray your machine shop bill.

Bonds are expensive to begin with, for what they are - $75 to send it in for warranty work ain't much of a warranty - it's a racket.

Good luck - let us know how it turns out.
kayakingsteve

Post by kayakingsteve »

Hey Odessa, good to hear from ya. How have things been?

The story gets surreal after what happened today. I would NEVER do business with that company again and if the person on the phone that I spoke to today represents that company I feel comfortable calling them unprofessional and laughable. Here's the story:

Was supposed to receive a phone call back yesterday and an email about my part/the repair policy. This is what happened since then.

Never received an email; got a phone call back from someone who identified himself as "Jeff" today in a voicemail. I called him back and he answered the phone as "Jeff". When I asked him about options he said I had to pay to send it in, and since I was the second owner it was not covered under warranty. They said they would not sell me a firing pin and I had to go to an FFL otherwise. While I was talking to him I opened breach on the Derringer (the same way you would to load it) and he told me "I can hear you dry firing the gun in the background". I told him I was not dry firing the gun, I told him I would not tolerate being treated that way and asked for his full name and said I wanted to speak to someone above him in the company. I also asked for an apology and he said he would not apologize "He knew what he heard". He then lied and said his name was "Walter" and did not give me a last name, then hung up on me.

AVOID THIS COMPANY!!!