Sig P320

Pistols of all descriptions.
ss1

Sig P320

Post by ss1 »

Years back when I used to help out at my friend’s gun shop, we received a display of the different grip modules you could get for their new P250. The rep was telling us we could change slides and turn a full size into a compact, etc. at first I thought it was a neat concept but when we started getting shipments in, it seemed like the availability for grip modules, etc was impossible. After “fingering” a few, I decided I wasn’t interested. Well fast forward and the P320 striker fired model comes out and I purposely ignore it because it was in my mind a lot like the P250. Hearing about the drop issues, I ignored them even more.

Almost a couple years ago in my pandemic induced boredom, I started looking at the M17 and decided that I should get one if I can find one at a decent price. Fast forward and I now have a M17, M18, and Sig’s FCU. My weakness has always been my desire to tinker and once Sig was able to get product as well as work with aftermarket manufacturers out there to create a large amount of customization choices.
So with the FCU, you can register with Sig to get 10% off your next purchase. I was all set to get the X5 “Legion” conversion kit and they go out of stock just a couple days before my FCU transfer comes in. So I decide to build a Frankenstein gun with the TXG grip and pro cut slide, backup tactical threaded barrel, armory craft mag release, gas pedal, guide rod and spring kit, Herrington compensator. Well, I shot it today and it was surprisingly nice to shoot. I just may mothball my G34 over this gun. Kudos to Sig for getting their act together finally for this modular platform.Image
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Sig has really stepped it up over the last few years, both with the P320 and P365 platforms. The P320 is finding it difficult to escape the drop safety issue, and their settling lawsuits out-of-court to prevent discovery from becoming public knowledge isn't helping that perception. Be that as it may, I had a P320 maybe five or so years ago. Had a lot of features I found superior to competitors like Glock. I particularly liked the flat-faced triggers. I have them now in both my P365 and XL.

And as much as I appreciate what Glock has to offer, it's nice to see Sig beating them out of major contracts. :D
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

While I prefer the VP9 over the 320, I carry a 320 nearly every day.

If you want to get a collectible 320, find yourself a surplus Sig M17. The low price boat has long sailed, but they're very cool and alot cheaper than the USMC Colt 1911s. Some have some good history to them.