Sig P365XL

Pistols of all descriptions.
avmech

Post by avmech »

Another one on board the P365 XL train. Going from a Shield to the XL. Hopefully my LGS calls me today to tell me it came in. Not yet decided how I am going to outfit it, need to shoot it first and go from there.
I found an excellent gun control law we should all follow. It's called the Second Amendment.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

mavrik wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:55 am The TLR6 is ok, I have a couple of them on out Sigs, just wish they were more than 100 lumens. Need a little more than that to stun an assailant. I guess we can’t have it all, I’ve had other gun lights much stronger but of course they weren’t as slim or concealable.
I agree, the TLR-6 could have higher lumens if they wanted to make it that way. All it would really entail is possibly a different LED and driver. But I suppose since it uses the 1/3 batteries it is a compromise of lumens and run time. I see Surefire has just come out with a 350 lumen light for the P365. But the run time is cut in half and the price tag is a ridiculous $345.

I'd have preferred something like the Olight Pl-Mini 2 Valyrie at 600 lumens and around $90. I've got those on a couple of Glocks and they're great. But the TLR-6 will do for what it is and costs.

Some beam shots:

TLR-6 at 24 feet

At 84 feet

I'm going to try to get some additional beam shots tonight of the TLR-6 on the XL. Both inside and outside.
avmech wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:14 am Another one on board the P365 XL train. Going from a Shield to the XL. Hopefully my LGS calls me today to tell me it came in. Not yet decided how I am going to outfit it, need to shoot it first and go from there.
You should be well pleased. I've had a couple of Shields. For what they were they are just fine. But from a feature and option perspective the XL is definitely a step up. Capacity is instantly increased substantially and I've really come to like the Xray night sights. The MS, if you have chosen that option, is a lot more pronounced on the Sig making it more readily accessible than what's on the Shield (if you had on with a MS).
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Some beam shots I took tonight out at the property with the P365XL w/TLR-6.

I was standing to the right of a 25 foot wide space between houses. The black tarp in the distance is about 100 feet away, perhaps just a tad more. The end of the house is about 77 feet distance from where I was standing. This was about 9:15 tonight and it was very dark without the WML activated. Dark enough that you would not have seen someone towards the back of the house.

This is standing just in front of where my front doors are going to be. The back of the lanai is about 75+ feet away. Again, the black tarp beyond is a tad over 100 feet away. I would have easily seen someone clearly standing on the lanai. So that would be a 25 yard shot to the lanai and perhaps a 35 yard shot to the end of the backyard give or take a foot or so. In person it is clearer as this was taken on a cell phone. I would have easily been able to identify a man sized target in the backyard.

One of the hallways in the house. Distance to the back wall is about 33 feet give or take a foot.

For only being 100 lumens, I feel the TLR-6 is more than sufficient for most likely scenarios. I feel I'd have no issue identifying a target out to 35 yards. With the XL I know I would have no issue hitting a target at this distance. I've done so in matches with the shorter barreled P365 in dim light conditions. So while a brighter light would be nice and could have it's uses, I think the TLR-6 is a good light for it's size, run time and lumen output. Although I'm sure it could happen, it's hard to imagine a SD scenario where one would need to take a shot at a distance longer than this light is capable of reaching. It's also worth noting that I could easily and clearly see the night sights with the TLR-6 activated.
mavrik

Post by mavrik »

I concur, and all of that in a slim, light weight package, thanks for the excellent review.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

My pleasure. I've enjoyed this pistol. It's now the EDC and the P365 is my back up. Which makes it nice since I've made several of the 10 and 15-rounders compatible between the two.

And it carries the same as the P365 which is a big plus.