New pistols coming out.

Pistols of all descriptions.
N4KVE

New pistols coming out.

Post by N4KVE »

Seems the handguns most people ask me about at the shows are the Sig 365’s, & the Springfield Hellcats. Not wanting to be left out, S&W, & Ruger recently came out with similar compact/hi cap guns. But whereas Sig, & Springfield designed brand new guns, S&W modified the Shield, & Ruger modified the LC9. GARY.
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gun-r ... ield-plus/
https://www.ruger.com/products/max-9/models.html
Casual

Post by Casual »

I love my shield, and have all 3, full size, shield and body guard.

I love how quick and snappy the shield is, its fast, and always wanted i higher capacity mag for it. So here comes the plus.

Sure i also carry a G19 and feel comfortable with it but its just not the same
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Are the Shields that much easier IWB than an M&P compact? I have an M&P 2.0 3.6" and can reasonably carry it IWB. I wondered if a Shield 9mm is sufficiently thinner and lighter to make IWB carry more comfortable. I have been doing pocket carry with a Seecamp, but the way some pockets are cut makes draw difficult. So, IWB carry, and that would suggest something more substantial.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

I handled a new Shield today at the show. The new double stack version was barely a CH wider than the original single stack version. They’ll probably sell a kabillion of them. GARY.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

N4KVE wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:29 pm I handled a new Shield today at the show. The new double stack version was barely a CH wider than the original single stack version. They’ll probably sell a kabillion of them. GARY.
Yep, I'm sure S&W and Ruger will sell everyone they can make. And that's a really good thing for the consumer. Both will compete well with the Sig P365 (which I really like) and the S.A. Hellcat. At some point, once the recent stupidity has passed, the prices on all four will come down. The P365 was selling, pre-panic, for $499 with occasional sales as low as $449. So the S&W and Ruger will likely be low $300 and maybe even dip below that mark at some point. Especially now that the market seems to be reaching a saturation point.

I don't have a Shield or LC9s anymore, but when I owned them I really like them. So these new models, as long as they pan out reliability-wise, will be great additions to the market and sell like hotcakes.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

The Shield plus specs put it between the standard P365 and the XL. I think that might be a "sweet spot" for IWB carry that I prefer.
Casual

Post by Casual »

45caldan wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:40 pm The Shield plus specs put it between the standard P365 and the XL. I think that might be a "sweet spot" for IWB carry that I prefer.
Soooo a G19....
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

Casual wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:09 pm
45caldan wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:40 pm The Shield plus specs put it between the standard P365 and the XL. I think that might be a "sweet spot" for IWB carry that I prefer.
Soooo a G19....
Since I wrote for IWB that would be a no, not for ME.