Got A Perfect New Beretta 92FS For Me

Pistols of all descriptions.
rug357

Got A Perfect New Beretta 92FS For Me

Post by rug357 »

I always loved Beretta 92F series pistol since the first Lethal Weapon movie came out in late 80's. I purchased my first Beretta 92F pistol in 1990 and loved that pistol but I couldn't hit anything with it in DA due to the long trigger reach, large grip and heavy DA trigger pull. I ended up selling that pistol after a year.
In 1999 I saw my first 92F Inox at a gun show and loved the pistol so I bought it. Even my wife thought it was the most beautiful pistol in my safe. I shot that pistol few times but hated the DA trigger so it mostly sat in my safe.
Around 2005 I learned about replacing the factory hammer spring with the "D" model spring or the one from Colt 1911 Government model pistol. I couldn't find a "D" spring anywhere but I had several 1911 hammer springs so I installed it...and it made a huge difference in the trigger pull. In DA the pull went from 12+ lb. down to 8 1/2 lb. pull and it reliably popped Winchester SP primers. I started shooting the 92F more frequently but by that time I was consolidating my pistols to just few models and Beretta was not among them. Couple years later I sold that pistol to someone here but I missed having a Beretta.
Recently I saw a 92FS my friend had and it was perfect for me. He had installed Wilson Combat slim grip and had a short reach trigger installed. Now the grip didn't feel so large in my hand and the trigger reach was perfect. Even the heavy 12 lb. DA trigger didn't bother me. I shot couple rounds in DA and it hit everything I aimed at. I had to get one!
I purchased another 92FS a while back and then ordered a short reach trigger and the slim grip. Last weekend I finally got the trigger and slim grip installed and I replaced the factory hammer spring with a 1911 hammer spring. Now it feels perfect for my hand. I can't wait to take it out and shoot it next weekend.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Congrats of the Beretta. They're a great platform. I've had three duty weapons over the years. Started with a S&W 64 .38 Special then we went to the Beretta 92 9mm then finally the Glock 21 .45acp. The Beretta was the DAO model and I really enjoyed shooting it.

Hope it's a great shooter for you :)
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

I have wanted one for years as well ever since Lethal Weapon came out but I waited and found me a great deal on Langdon Tactical LTT.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
ss1

Post by ss1 »

For me it was Die Hard a year later that made me want a Beretta 92F. My first pistol at 21 was a Colt Commander and that set me back a little so the gun store (GuntownUSA in Margate) convinced me to get a Taurus PT92 AF with a nickel slide telling me that the frame mounted safety was going to be more familiar to my 1911. Not long after I regretted that decision but it was still ok enough that my money went to other guns over the years. I finally bought a 92FS about 10 years ago. Night and day difference in quality of fit and finish as well as the Taurus’s lack of the safety block stopping the slide from flying into the shooter. Needless to say that was my first and probably last Taurus although the Judge was intriguing.
handlebar

Post by handlebar »

I have an Italian 92FS made in 2017 and it is a tack driver. I changed a few things. I added a metal trigger, skeletonized hammer, metal guide rod, G-decocker, a rail to mound a red dot. The rail is also a sight track so I can take off the red dot and still use the iron sights. I put on G10 grips from Cool Hand Grips, changed the main spring and trigger spring to get a crisp 3 lb. trigger. It shoots 135 gr and 147 gr better than any other ammo. PS: paid $470 OTD, brand new in box.
Last edited by handlebar on Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

I really like those grips. Makes the whole pistol stand out and pop. Very nice :)
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us