>Reliable< 380 pocket pistol

Pistols of all descriptions.
chester field

Post by chester field »

Deputydave wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:37 am The LCP/LCP II can be a little handful. I find that the extended magazine, if it provides a full three-finger grip, helps out quite a bit with managing recoil. So does the Hogue Handall. Both tames down the recoil to almost pleasant.
Same here for my LCP. I picked up a Hogue Handall on your advice awhile back and big difference in the hand-slap. 8 years with the LCP and never a problem. Easily hides in the front pocket of dress pants when I am working out in the field.

My wife picked up an LC380 and loves it. It's LC9 sized with DAO, but none of the snap of the LCP (Less than the larger and heavier Bersa 380 she had before).
Common Sense... so rare it's like a super power
OKIE

Post by OKIE »

My first pocket gun was a p3at, worked on it a lot to where it is now. Then a LCP 2 with the new trigger showed up, and came home with me. Only thing I did was polish the ramp and chamber, runs great.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

chester field wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:36 pm
Deputydave wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:37 am The LCP/LCP II can be a little handful. I find that the extended magazine, if it provides a full three-finger grip, helps out quite a bit with managing recoil. So does the Hogue Handall. Both tames down the recoil to almost pleasant.
Same here for my LCP. I picked up a Hogue Handall on your advice awhile back and big difference in the hand-slap. 8 years with the LCP and never a problem. Easily hides in the front pocket of dress pants when I am working out in the field.

My wife picked up an LC380 and loves it. It's LC9 sized with DAO, but none of the snap of the LCP (Less than the larger and heavier Bersa 380 she had before).
Glad it is working out for you. :)
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
wsitgm

Post by wsitgm »

I'm on my 3rd LCP II 380 Extractor, a new slide and barrel. I installed a 13 pound recoil spring, stainless guide rod and next is the improved magazine spring.

On the .22lr model, my firing pin broke, so Ruger replaced the parts...easy to fix. I installed the performance spring kit to lighten the firing pin spring, change out the extractor spring and change out the hammer spring to a stiffer spring for harder strike.

I love these little guns but their reliability is far from perfect.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk