Sig sued over P320

Pistols of all descriptions.
ss1

Post by ss1 »

I just picked up a P320/M18 today and while I haven’t shot it yet, the trigger feels good. Not sure if I can say better than a gen 5 Glock because it’s got a wonky reset but I’m sure I’ll get used to it.
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

p7fl wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:22 pm Sort of related: in USPSA if you take your holster off with the pistol in it, it is Dairy Queen time.
Been that way for at least 25 years.
Or Jeff Coopers Rule#2 "Never point..."

I am not a Sig fan.
Only almost got DQed once, and it was with my M&P when I was competing in Limited, It was a running draw and shooting through a port 5 yards in front of me. I got on the trigger half a hair too quick and nicked the port with my 1st shot. Got an upper A hit out of it. RO asked if it was intentional or did I just DQ myself..."of course it was intentional" I replied.

That said, My Sig 250 DAO/hammer ( heavy trigger/accurate) , West German 226 DA/SA (All steel, Heavy AF), accurate as they come, and my 2022 SA/DA ( grabbed it for $299 when they first came out) is a tack driver and preferred CCW psitol. I prefer DA/SA , as that extra few pounds of trigger pressure give me a few milliseconds to decide if it's absolutely necessary to take a scumbag's life.

The ONLY striker fired pistol I have absolutely loved is my 1st gen M&P 40. Over a quarter million documented rounds through it. Have changed the barrel once after it was almost a smoothbore and the striker/FP assembly exactly once after a mid-match failure.

I am an unapologetic hammer fired Sig fan.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

lighteye wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:26 pm That said, My Sig 250 DAO/hammer ( heavy trigger/accurate)
I had a Sig P250 in 45acp and wish I hadn't traded it off. It had the funkiest way to put the rear night sight on but not too terribly difficult. Smooth trigger and just an all around nice pistol.
lighteye wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:26 pm and my 2022 SA/DA ( grabbed it for $299 when they first came out) is a tack driver and preferred CCW psitol.
Heck yeah! Nice looking pistol as well.
lighteye wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:26 pmI prefer DA/SA
Same here. Just something about it.
lighteye wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:26 pm he ONLY striker fired pistol I have absolutely loved is my 1st gen M&P 40. Over a quarter million documented rounds through it. Have changed the barrel once after it was almost a smoothbore and the striker/FP assembly exactly once after a mid-match failure.
I'd like to hear more about your M&P. That's pretty outstanding, particularly since it's in 40S&W. How many rounds before you replaced the barrel? How long did it take you to fire that many rounds? That's a few pennies down range!
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

My logbook says it was replaced at roughly 190K at the 4 year 3 month mark. A thousand rounds a week into the dirt and off steel week in and week out will do it. I did take a little time off after catching a ricochet off a plate in my elbow at the Roads End range in Haines City, shattering the end of the humerus. I did shoot the rest of the day one handed with a broken wing. Thankfully it was my off hand. Other than that, I was turning and burning with it.

I did have the trigger reworked, and Dawson FO sights front and rear, and Taylor Freelance +4 basepad extensions on it, giving me 20 rounds out of the gate to get started. It was a capable contender when I'd settle down and do my part. It didn't give any ground performance-wise to the STIs or EAA/Tanfoglio Customs that were floating around. A hole is a hole is a hole. Of course being lighter due to the polymer frame, the recoil could get snappy when I started to tire at the end of the day. Dead damned reliable, and the firearm I have put more rounds through than any other in my 50+ years on this planet. I wish I'd had it in Iraq, it would have given me a little more comfort.

The striker failure was somewhat my fault, as I had sprung it pretty light to shorten trigger reset. I wasn't shocked when it crapped out, and had a spare striker assembly to replace it with in my range bag. Off to my car I went, popped the trunk, and ten minutes later I was shooting at the next stage.

My Mrs. bought me an integrated Crimson Trace light for it, and now it's my one to grab if something goes bump in the night, as my muscle memory with that one is supreme.

It's kind of ugly, as I wore off the original finish within 2 years and had the slide ceracoated, I wore through that as well....100s of thousands of draws at home for dry fire practice pulling from kydex will take it's toll. She's fugly but she's lethal.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

lighteye wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:08 pm My logbook says it was replaced at roughly 190K at the 4 year 3 month mark.
Gotta say that is impressive performance. I remember one of my fellow instructors at the S.O. saying how much he liked the M&P line and would have no issue transitioning to it from Glock. Appreciate the comments, I'm going to remember this and pass it on.

And it's nice that we have so many good options these days.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us