HK USP 9/40 Compact

Pistols of all descriptions.
gforester

Post by gforester »

lakelandman wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:59 pm To me, the P30 is what the USP should be I own both love them both but P30 grip, rail, and mag release are what is missing on the USP.
+1
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

lakelandman wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:59 pm To me, the P30 is what the USP should be I own both love them both but P30 grip, rail, and mag release are what is missing on the USP.
gforester wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:33 am
+1
The P30 is an exceptional pistol. Very similar to the size of a Glock 19X. The ability to customize the side panels and back straps is a particularly nice feature. Makes it a hard choice between the P30, USP (and compact) and the P2000.

I found that the holster I ordered for my USPc also fits my P2000. So I converted my USPc back to 9mm from 40 S&W. I’ll keep that 40 slide in reserve. So I’ll probably use the P2000 as my woods carry and in my EDC rotation and keep the USPc on HD. My P30 is also on HD duty.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
Tolagettoquit

Post by Tolagettoquit »

Dave,
Would like to see if you could help me. I have an HKUSP 357 sig. compact all matching numbers. I was wondering if a compact 9 mm slide would fit on the compact frame of the 357 sig.? I know some of my magazines are in 40 caliber. Also are you thinking that a 40 caliber compact slide would also be compatible with my 357 sig. compact frame? I love the 357 sig. ammo. It’s loud and powerful, but still manageable and fun to shoot. I had to trade a Glock 30 and a Glock 42 for the pistol. It took me several years to talk my friend into trading. I am pretty sure that would be the last scan I would never part with. They’re just so hard to find a replacement.
Thank you in advance for any light you can shed on this topic.

Jeff
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Tolagettoquit wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:39 pm Dave,
Would like to see if you could help me. I have an HKUSP 357 sig. compact all matching numbers. I was wondering if a compact 9 mm slide would fit on the compact frame of the 357 sig.? I know some of my magazines are in 40 caliber. Also are you thinking that a 40 caliber compact slide would also be compatible with my 357 sig. compact frame? I love the 357 sig. ammo. It’s loud and powerful, but still manageable and fun to shoot. I had to trade a Glock 30 and a Glock 42 for the pistol. It took me several years to talk my friend into trading. I am pretty sure that would be the last scan I would never part with. They’re just so hard to find a replacement.
Thank you in advance for any light you can shed on this topic.

Jeff
I apologize the I didn't see this until tonight. Yes, the compact 9mm slide should fit on the compact 357sig frame. It is my understanding that the frames are all the same, 9mm, 40S&W and 357sig. My USPc came as a 9mm. I found out that the 40S&W slide fit and I bought one off Armslist last year. Fit perfectly and I've shot it at both the range and in competition. Zero issues. If you want to shoot 40S&W all you would need is the barrel to fit in the 357sig slide. I simply did the opposite and bought a 357sig barrel from RCM to fit into the 40S&W slide. Again, fit and fires perfectly.

And yep, it shoots any and all wonderfully. The 40S&W and 357sig shoot soft and I was really impressed with both rounds out of the USPc.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us