Mouse guns

Pistols of all descriptions.
Lastrites

Post by Lastrites »

I added a Wolf 11# recoil spring to my LCP custom, seems to have made it even more enjoyable to shoot as it seems to be less snappy, something you should consider dave. Mine came with a 9# spring fwiw, they make a 12# and 13# as well but wanted to ensure reliability.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Lastrites wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:25 am I added a Wolf 11# recoil spring to my LCP custom, seems to have made it even more enjoyable to shoot as it seems to be less snappy, something you should consider dave. Mine came with a 9# spring fwiw, they make a 12# and 13# as well but wanted to ensure reliability.
Appreciate the suggestion, good idea.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

I have a review in this thread:

http://sepboard.us/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=468

I put a full review in that thread, but I'll include a few thoughts here as well because it's applicable to the thread. You're right, liked the LCP II quite a bit. It was immediately apparent to me that it's a softer shooting pistol than the LCP. The LCP, without a Hogue Handall or mag extension is a very snappy little pistol that can actually hurt. And I'm not a wimp about recoil. But it's such a light pistol that even .380 snaps it enough to hurt my fingers and thump the palm of my hand. After just a mag or two I'm ready to call it quits. The Hogue Handall and the mag extension go a LONG way to taming it and I can shoot a box or more before I'm ready to be done with it.

The LCP II though was fairly pleasant to shoot. And I don't have any type of grip wrap on it at all. The 7-round magazine give me a full three-finger grip which helps as well. In some of the reviews they mention that the shape of the grip in the back of the LCP II is wider which helps to distribute the recoil. I think they're right on that point. I had already shot 45+P, 40 S&W, 357sig and 9mm and the LCP II was the last pistol of the range trip. Even after shooting all of those other pistols/calibers I shot more than a box out of the LCP II including the Fiocchi XTP's which have a little more pepper on them than the range ammo. And I could have shot a lot more. Very impressed.

We bought the LCP II for my wife. But women of course change their minds and she decided to go with the pink Muddy Girl camo LCP. Basically because I already have a laser on it and she likes laser and doesn't want to put one on the LCP II. That's fine. With the grip and the extension she should be able to handle it well enough. And she feels safer with the long DA trigger on the LCP as well as that trigger stop that arrived. She's considering a Flash Bang bra holster so it's important for it to be safe. This means the LCP II will become my pocket pistol and I'm fine with that. It will actually be even better as it will be just a tad flatter in my pocket since I don't need a grip wrap to tame the recoil. I just need to put a little red or orange paint on the front sight and I'll be good to go.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Great info; practical review, especially describing the feel after the other calibers shot on the range trip.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
ss1

Post by ss1 »

Love my LCP. Using a Desantis Nemesis, it just slips in either my front pocket or if I’m wearing jeans, opposite my wallet. My true mouse gun is a NAA mini mag revolver. Not at all confident with it even tho the 22WMR has decent power in a standard barrel gun, it pretty much every round keyholes past 5 ft with its +1” barrel.
revelation

Post by revelation »

Does anyone have an opinions or experience with the Beretta Tomcat .32 ACP?
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell
mohshard

Post by mohshard »

Tomcat is a solid well made gun. Heavy compared to the plastic alternatives but not much recoil.

Cool thing is it has a tip up barrel for people who can't rack a slide.

With .32acp watch out for rimlock. Happened to me once in a keltec p32 and took a while to clear that malfunction.
revelation

Post by revelation »

mohshard wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:51 am Tomcat is a solid well made gun. Heavy compared to the plastic alternatives but not much recoil.

Cool thing is it has a tip up barrel for people who can't rack a slide.

With .32acp watch out for rimlock. Happened to me once in a keltec p32 and took a while to clear that malfunction.
When you had the rimlock were you using hollow points?
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell
mohshard

Post by mohshard »

No, I was shooting WWB fmj. Still have the pistol, and since then no issues with S&B FMJ, or hollow points. Also have some remington JHPs, and it feeds those fine. I was letting my aunt try the pistol that day, and she loaded a few magazines. Guessing she didn't pay attention to the rim when loading.
AirForceShooter

Post by AirForceShooter »

I've had pocket guns. Most in .380.
I can't shoot them. The grips are too small.
Currently I have a Colt Mustang XSP. I can't shoot it either.

I'm trading up to a compact with a barrel length of about 4 inches.
I need the additional grip size.

AFS