Springfield Hellcat

Pistols of all descriptions.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

They'll sell a bunch because it's the new hotness, however, firing pin breakage issues are starting to be reported. Not the tips like the initial 365's but a piece in the middle. I make it a habit to never purchase a new gun within a year of it being the new flavor-of-the-month. Let the bugs get worked out and let others be the beta-testers.

It will have to come down in price though to compete with the 365 which is the direct competition. And with the 365 being as low now as $399 on sale it will be hard to beat (now that the bugs have been worked out).

As far as SA itself, I don't own and have never owned one of their pistols. Nothing ever appealed to me to be honest. I have a Saint but that was traded for so SA had no direct benefit.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness http://sepboard.us

TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

I'm gonna pass on the Hellcat also, but I've been shooting their Croatian pistols since the HS2000 days with good results.

As far as 1911s go I have a Range Officer and I agree when I hear it called

"A $2,000 gun that costs $800".

45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

Deputydave wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:24 am
They'll sell a bunch because it's the new hotness, however, firing pin breakage issues are starting to be reported. Not the tips like the initial 365's but a piece in the middle. I make it a habit to never purchase a new gun within a year of it being the new flavor-of-the-month. Let the bugs get worked out and let others be the beta-testers.

It will have to come down in price though to compete with the 365 which is the direct competition. And with the 365 being as low now as $399 on sale it will be hard to beat (now that the bugs have been worked out).

As far as SA itself, I don't own and have never owned one of their pistols. Nothing ever appealed to me to be honest. I have a Saint but that was traded for so SA had no direct benefit.
Yes there have been more strikers breaking. I will be sticking with my recent build P365!