New Century MKE AP5-P.

Pistols of all descriptions.
N4KVE

New Century MKE AP5-P.

Post by N4KVE »

I’ve been wanting a MP5K for ages. When I worked at the WPB SS almost 10 years ago, they had the POF version, but it wasn’t a K. A few years ago Zenith was importing the MKE [made in Turkey] version, but whenever they’d received a shipment, they were sold out the next day. The PTR version had a rail, & no way to get one without a rail. Finally Century got the contract with MKE to import them into the US. I figured they’d be the same price as the Zenith imported guns, but they were 3K, while the Zenith guns were $1700. Then after about 6 months I noticed the price dropped to $1700, & I asked Ira to get one for me from RSR. SS did not have them. It came in a few days ago, & the quality is excellent, the welds are beautiful, & the gun shoots really well. The muzzle has 1/2X28 threads, & a tri lug adapter for any accessories to be attached. GARY
https://www.centuryarms.com/ap5-p.html
Last edited by N4KVE on Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

curious to see how these are gonna compete with the Palmetto's
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

And now it seems the previous importer Zenith is planning to build these guns in the US. I guess these plans were made before they found out Century would be importing them from MKE. GARY.
https://www.guns.com/news/2021/06/04/ze ... oller-lock
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/202 ... announced/
TheKernel

Post by TheKernel »

rentprop1 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:32 pm curious to see how these are gonna compete with the Palmetto's
If they ever come out.

I just picked up a b&t apc9 pro. Saaweeet gun.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

we are not comparing apples to swiss watches here, B&T hands down :mrgreen:
cal45

Post by cal45 »

N4KVE wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:59 pm I’ve been wanting a MP5K for ages. When I worked at the WPB SS almost 10 years ago, they had the POF version, but it wasn’t a K. A few years ago Zenith was importing the MKE [made in Turkey] version, but whenever they received a shipment, they were sold out the next day. The PTR version had a rail, & no way to get one without a rail. Finally Century got the contract with MKE to import them into the US. I figured they’d be the same price as the Zenith imported guns, but they were 3K, while the Zenith guns were $1700. Then after about 6 months I noticed the price dropped to $1700, & I asked Ira to get one for me from RSR. SS did not have them. It came in a few days ago, & the quality is excellent, the welds are beautiful, & the gun shoots really well. The muzzle has 1/2X28 threads, & a tri lug adapter for any accessories to be attached. GARY
https://www.centuryarms.com/ap5-p.html
Congrats on your pick up. Post some pics of your AP5 if you can.
I'm actually H&K SP5 shopping now but did come across these in my browsing and curious as to the quality of the build (aware that they are made in Turkey from the same machining that H&K uses per different sources I came across).
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

I have no idea how to post photos here, & if you explained it to me, I still wouldn’t understand. But I can text photo’s to your phone, & you could post them here if you like. GARY.
Last edited by N4KVE on Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
cal45

Post by cal45 »

N4KVE wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:49 pm I have no idea how to post photos here, & if you explained it to me, I still wouldn’t understand. But I can text photo’s to your phone, & you could post them here if you like. GARY.
PM sent.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

cal45 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:10 pm
N4KVE wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:49 pm I have no idea how to post photos here, & if you explained it to me, I still wouldn’t understand. But I can text photo’s to your phone, & you could post them here if you like. GARY.
PM sent.
I e-mailed 8 photo’s to you. GARY.
Last edited by N4KVE on Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
cal45

Post by cal45 »

Thanks, Gary

Here are a few of them - looks to be a quality build.