New Ruger LCP Max

Pistols of all descriptions.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

mavrik wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:53 pm
Deputydave wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:37 pm
Updating the thread; the Max continues to impress me. Normal around-the-house carry as well as times I'm simply going to friends or family. Disappears in the pocket and easily forgotten about, which is the whole point of a pistol like this.

Gotta give it a thumbs up. :)
There’s just one thing…………….the slide is really loose after shooting about 200 rounds.I realize it’s not a target pistol of course. But still, down the road a problem? Then again, it’s a “carry a lot shoot a little” type pistol. I called Ruger and spoke with a rep, she assured me that the looseness of the slide has been taken into consideration and everything is A-OK. I all but told her that sounds like a pat answer. But I didn’t do that. Mav
When you say the slide is 'loose', does it have a lot of play from side to side? If I grip my slide I have a little play back and forth but nothing that is concerning. It very well may not be an issue because Ruger uses a full slide insert rather than the four tabs seen on a long of pistols. Should give a lot of strength. See if it has any issues when shooting it. If not, I suppose it is GTG.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness http://sepboard.us

mavrik

Post by mavrik »

Agree with your thoughts. In answer to your question, yes side to side.

Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

mavrik wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:43 pm
Agree with your thoughts. In answer to your question, yes side to side.
You'll just have to see how it continues to shoot. If you have to send it back though, Ruger has great CS and usually a quick turn-around time.

I'm still digging the Max. :D
Survival and Emergency Preparedness http://sepboard.us