My painted, "faded" 1960s Redfield Greenie 3x-9x Nam Replica M40 rifle and scope

Bolt guns, gas guns and long range shooting tactics.
Gunnyhiway

My painted, "faded" 1960s Redfield Greenie 3x-9x Nam Replica M40 rifle and scope

Post by Gunnyhiway »

After about 10 hours of surface prep (I left some scratches on for a "used vintage, been there " look ) 2 light coats of auto grade base paint of a lighter more sun bleached green tone IMO, 3 days drying time, one coat of clear protective sealer, two days drying, about a half day in a hot box and here she is !!!
I realize she ain't the real McCoy and I'll probably never be in a financial position to have a real one but she looks way more authentic than the gloss black she once dressed in and that's good enough for this ole paper puncher. The lights do make the color look different depending on the brightness as was told to me by a collector of the "real" ones after he sent me some pics of his collection of these rare scopes.
If I'd drag her thru the Glades for 6 months it might be hard to tell the difference. LOL !!!

I'm happy with the ole girl. :mrgreen:

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

I no see no photoctures.
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

Wakko wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:39 am I no see no photoctures.
Try this: :mrgreen:

https://m14forum.com/usmc-m40-rifle/499 ... leted.html

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

You have to be a member to see the pics. :/