M14 / M1A

M14s, M1 Garands & Carbines, Enfields, M1903s
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

Join this website, lots of experiences and great advice for the ole M14.

https://m14forum.com/accuracy/

Gunny

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

yeah baby, post sample tranny for me
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

Nice ! I'm droolin............................

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."

ROLL TIDE !
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

I have a minty 1952 date Springfield M1A. I have not shot it. Paid a lot for it back early 2000s.

I also own an Imbell (no gear) FAL. Loved shooting her, iron sights...runs great and has the factory bipod amd carry handle....until 7.62Nato became $$$ and the milsurp become unobtainable.

But, for accuracy, it's my all orig Polytech M14. To me, it feels like a natural "point and shoot" rifle...like a 1911. They both just feel good.
aka: Dolfan
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

I don't think they made M1As back in 1952, M1 Garands were still issued then.
SA was still developing the M14 then IIRC.

ROLL TIDE !
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

1974 was the first year the M1A was available, Springfield thought they would capitalize on returning GIs who trained with an M14 in basic but were issued that POS AR15 in Vietnam :mrgreen:
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Joecruiser wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:21 pmBut, for accuracy, it's my all orig Polytech M14. To me, it feels like a natural "point and shoot" rifle...like a 1911. They both just feel good.
Alot of people complain about the Norinco / Poly M1A's , soft bolts...other small issues.

But a forged receiver and CL barrel are nice touches.

I can't even remember if I've even shot mine or not, she's dusty.
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

I've owned 5 SA non forged receiver M1As (M14s). I 've shot thousands of rounds thru my 1961,1962 CL barrels with excellent accuracy , no breakage or issues and have match titles to prove it.

I owned a norinco M14 at one time. It did have a crappy bolt but a nice barrel. I got a USGI bolt, lapped it in, headspace was good and fired it. It shot good but I never could get the results I wanted even after load development.

I also like American made firearms too. I'm a bit of a patriot when it comes to what shoot. All my M14s are 100% USGI parts, no imported stuff. No problem with norincos, I just didn't have a good experience with the one I bought.

IMO you need to wipe the dust off that norinco M14 and take her thru the paces !
See what she can do, I'll bet you'll be surprised !

The only non American firearm I use and like is Beretta handguns, 92 FSs and 92Gs.

ROLL TIDE !
Deucer01

Post by Deucer01 »

Currently have two Polytechs M14S built up by Fulton/SEI, and a SA M1A Bush 18" Golden Years. I've owned an HK-91, FN FALs, and L1A1s, but much prefer the M14 type battle rifle. They're lighter, more accurate and comfortable to shoot.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

What's the going rate price for an OP rod and a bolt I saw one another form in the guy has no clue and wants an offer